Opinion on 4K TV Sony Bravia KD49XF8096 at £400

Found 16th Jul
Hi HUKD community!

I would like to ask an opinion on a purchase I just made on Amazon for a 4K TV:
I paid £400 (thanks to an employees promotion) a Sony Bravia KD49XF8096.

Do you think it’s a good deal for £400?
Could there be anything better than that for the same price range?

Here’s the link for amazon where its available at £589 today.
49in
Community Updates
6 Comments
Yes it's a good deal, but it shouldn't really matter if it wasn't - as long as you are happy with the tv that's all that matters.

Think about other things you own - did it matter how much you paid for them? It usually only matters if things gone wrong then you might feel you paid too much. £400 isn't much for a tv these days. My last 49" Samsung cost me £1100, it was a good tv until using the ps4 ruined the picture.
Thanks for you comment
Bigfootpete11 m ago

Yes it's a good deal, but it shouldn't really matter if it wasn't - as …Yes it's a good deal, but it shouldn't really matter if it wasn't - as long as you are happy with the tv that's all that matters. Think about other things you own - did it matter how much you paid for them? It usually only matters if things gone wrong then you might feel you paid too much. £400 isn't much for a tv these days. My last 49" Samsung cost me £1100, it was a good tv until using the ps4 ruined the picture.

Thanks for your comment! I was asking as this would be my primary TV and if anything better at a similar price point was available I could’ve considered returning this one and invest on something else!
Bigfootpete2 h, 36 m ago

Yes it's a good deal, but it shouldn't really matter if it wasn't - as …Yes it's a good deal, but it shouldn't really matter if it wasn't - as long as you are happy with the tv that's all that matters. Think about other things you own - did it matter how much you paid for them? It usually only matters if things gone wrong then you might feel you paid too much. £400 isn't much for a tv these days. My last 49" Samsung cost me £1100, it was a good tv until using the ps4 ruined the picture.

What happened to the picture?
123batman32115 h, 53 m ago

What happened to the picture?

Lines started appearing down the screen, mostly affected the left side but gradually got worse and were all over the screen, the more I had it on it the worse it got.
It helped to unplug the tv and it was usually good the next day but it was getting worse the more I used it.

Ended up giving the tv to a friend who thinks he can find a solution but it involves opening up the back of the tv and doing something that the average consumer should not be doing...
Bigfootpete7 h, 15 m ago

Lines started appearing down the screen, mostly affected the left side but …Lines started appearing down the screen, mostly affected the left side but gradually got worse and were all over the screen, the more I had it on it the worse it got. It helped to unplug the tv and it was usually good the next day but it was getting worse the more I used it.Ended up giving the tv to a friend who thinks he can find a solution but it involves opening up the back of the tv and doing something that the average consumer should not be doing...

Ah not so good. What makes you think the console caused it?
123batman32116 h, 5 m ago

Ah not so good. What makes you think the console caused it?

It only really started after I used the ps4 for long periods, thanks to GTA5
I now use a dedicated monitor for the PS4.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants