Expired

Opinion on Paving Sealants: Any recommendations?

Found 20th Apr 2014
I am planning to use a sealant on my block paving or monobloc driveway and wondered whether any one had any recommendations.
Thompsons(Ronseal) has an uneven feedback with some happy and others not so.
Resiblock Superior or matt has good reviews but a bit more dear.It is recommended by Paving Expert but not too sure whether the site istelf is maintained by them!
K-Seal Total and Restore-a-drive is another option
Everbuild another option.
Any one with any experience with these?
Community Updates
AskPaving
5 Comments
I am assuming it wasn't laid recently, as current planning regs only allow porous surfaces if you pave garden - to allow water to soak through rather than run off and potentially contribute to flooding.
I sell all of the above but for value and satisfaction I have to recommend sealocrete all in one sealer as the best choice at around £25 for 5 litres.
Does this stop the moss and weeds? Sorry to hijack the thread.
I have sawn Indian sandstone patio and since it was laid two weeks ago there has been a lot of white marks come up. in hoping these go soon so I can seal it.

also heard I cannot use a pressure washer on this stone. :-(
joesmum

Does this stop the moss and weeds? Sorry to hijack the thread.

It does and gives the driveway a better look.Although you need to prepare the driveway and get rid of the weeds,etc before sealing it. A good sealant can keep it clean for a few years while others may need yearly care.

http://035c250.netsolhost.com/wordpress1/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sealer.png
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants