Groups

opinions from people who are into handbags: CHLOE HANDBAG

ok, so im not big into handbags, till last year, had a fendi and dkny as my only expensive bags, but then i purchased a mulberry hobo in the sales for £550 ish

i've always liked chloe bags, but like i said im not clued up on the latest designs. today whilst in house of fraser bluewater, they had a delivery of a few chloe bags in the sales (prob from london stores?? i dont know).

i picked up 2 bags, so i could come home and decide which i prefer (can return the other within 14 days - told the staff, they wernt fussed).

Ok so the first bag is the Chloe Alice Tote, from £1175 to £470 (ie 50% plus an extra 20%!!!!)

the other is the chloe Ethel, from £1055 to £527

now heres the problem. the alice tote is still last season and is a good deal, but to be fair, i prefer shoulder bags, so will prob return it - but damn it its a good deal

the ethel is lovely, but seasons old! was discontinued a food 3-4 years ago....so i feel like, ok its pretty, but why pay for an old bag?

currently thinking of returning both....what do you say??

pics of bags from interent to give you an idea of what they look like

16 Comments

Original Poster

http://media.redomestication.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Screen-Shot-2012-09-19-at-6.05.54-PM-422x550.png

alice tote

http://www.spottedfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Chloe-Husky-White-Ethel-Medium-Cross-Body-Bag.png

chloe ethel

1st world problems eh MB? I prefer the ethel but wouldn't turn my nose up at either!

If you are unsure return them both and buy a bag you instantly fall in love with.

of the two ethel is much nicer.

Original Poster

karri123

1st world problems eh MB? I prefer the ethel but wouldn't turn my nose … 1st world problems eh MB? I prefer the ethel but wouldn't turn my nose up at either!

haha i know, its cringeworthy!

but im at a loss, so need help!

thing is karri, im thinking, its a lot of money for soemthing so old? or is it vintage, but then new or last season is always better right?? might as well try my luck next year in the sales!!! lol

You could have bought approximately 16 fake Michael kors bags recently, for the same money.:(
    Edited by: "Mark2111" 6th Jan 2015

Original Poster

powa_s

If you are unsure return them both and buy a bag you instantly fall in … If you are unsure return them both and buy a bag you instantly fall in love with.of the two ethel is much nicer.

good advice, ethel looks nicer, but instantly fall in love with + chloe = BROKE!

am going to the states in feb, maybe i will find chloe cheap there, doubt it, its all MK and MJ plus coach etc there right??

Original Poster

Mark2111

You could have bought approximately 16 fake Michael Joes bags recently, … You could have bought approximately 16 fake Michael Joes bags recently, for the same money.:(

hahaha!! fake chloe site anyone? nah i kid, i just feel its a fake when i wear it then

Your 2 handbags cost more than my motorbike.

https://i.imgur.com/rfFWukr.gif

magicbeans

haha i know, its cringeworthy!but im at a loss, so need help!thing is … haha i know, its cringeworthy!but im at a loss, so need help!thing is karri, im thinking, its a lot of money for soemthing so old? or is it vintage, but then new or last season is always better right?? might as well try my luck next year in the sales!!! lol

Yeah I know what you mean but I tend to always just go with what I like rather than worry about the seasons/fashions.

Bags are my weakness!

spaceinvader

Your 2 handbags cost more than my motorbike.

Buy the two bags, they would make a great set of panniers for your bike.

Doesn't matter if one is older season than other, keep which one you like the best. I guess the 2nd one as it's a long strap aswell,I prefer something less plain.

Ethel is the better of the 2 but if you aren't happy then return them and wait till you see a bag you really like. I don't care what is in season - if I like a bag, I buy it. I'm a sucker for bags and purses.
    Edited by: "fern37" 6th Jan 2015

ethel is nicer but the first bag would be great for one of those bags that you stuff with cash and casually throw on the ground so it sort of bursts open invitingly at the top.

Original Poster

lol some funny responses!!!!!

ok ive tried them both out, as stated the alice isnt me and the ethel is gorgeous, but.....the strap is quite uncomfortable!! believe it or not, plus on both bags the zip sticks when you open it to the end.

so gonna (sadly) go back to House of fraser and get me mu £997 (or whatever it was) refund......awkward!!!!!!

Looks like you have made a decision so my opinion is probably irrelevant lol
    I was only going to say is don't buy one of the bags due to the discount unless you intend to sell it on, or can afford to have bags you just 'like'
    Buy a bag because you've fallen in love with it!
    Love at first site is my rule
    Hope you find 'the one' x

I'd hate to go and get something like that refunded

I rarely take anything back to shop for refund unless it's faulty. I always know there and then if I want to buy something and if it needs trying on then I will if buying in a shop. If online I'll sometimes buy 2 sizes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions