Groups
    EXPIRED

Opinions needed please. Which hoover to buy

Another hoover has died on me My fourth this year! All been quite terrible to pick up, except my last one which was brilliant till third time i used it- just stopped!! it was secondhand, but i must be jinx with hoovers.

So im looking a basic upright hoover which is brilliant for sucking up crumbs and cat hair! All my others have been crap for the suction even a 2400 watt hoover i bought not too long a go. So opinions needed to what hoover and where to buy please ??

19 Comments

We have a bissell lift off, that we bought reconditioned last year after deal posted here for £29.99. Been brill until two weeks ago when it died, but contacted Bissell and they collected it next day, then delivered replacement a week later. I think they are about £50 now recon from bissell but worth it, we have dog,cats and rabbit not to mention all the kids and it copes beautifully.
    hotukdeals.com/ite…on/

Otherwise, everyone I know thinks that Dysons are well worth the money, but they expensive to buy.

Dyson, Dyson, Dyson.

discountelectricals.com/ind…ket

£139.95 with extended warranty for a new one there extra tools included for crevices, ooer missus :oops:

mbgringo;2344558

Dyson, Dyson, Dyson. … Dyson, Dyson, Dyson. http://www.discountelectricals.com/index.php?option=basket£139.95 with extended warranty for a new one there extra tools included for crevices, ooer missus :oops:

I have to agree i love my dyson, i have had it years and still as good as new. you defo get what you pay for. (i have 3 dogs and it pick all there hair up no probs)

Def a Dyson, expensive but well worth the money and less dusting!!

Original Poster

mbgringo Dysons are out of my price range im afraid

Thanks kidcat under £50 is about right, Looking on ebay at mo but cant find reviews on anything

loulou1981;2344665

mbgringo Dysons are out of my price range im afraid :(Thanks kidcat under … mbgringo Dysons are out of my price range im afraid :(Thanks kidcat under £50 is about right, Looking on ebay at mo but cant find reviews on anything

In the link to the bissell deal someone quotes amazon reviews, so maybe have a look at amazon if only to see reviews.

Have a look around for Vax uprights. The cheap ones tend to be in the 1000-1400w range BUT because they have decent revolving brush bars they do a pretty good job (better than my poxy Dyson ever did) :thumbsup:

TJ Hughes have a few in at the price range you are looking including a Vax and a Hoover take a look

tjhughes.co.uk/Hom…ers

if you can stretch to £80-£90 i definitely would get a Henry... if it's good enough for commercial & business users it's good enough. We've had ours for 6 years no probs and it's still smiling. Dyson for me are too fragile in build but that's just my opinion.
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…9XZ

Original Poster

lol Shengis thats what ild be worried about spending £200 on a hoover to be calling it "poxy" bloody thing lol
    I do have a vax upright carpet cleaner and its brilliant. i really should go to a shop and try loads of hoovers out for there suction first!

Original Poster

I love Henry's my mum had one for years as a kid, but sadly too big and need a non bag, can only store a upright in my cupboard. Will look at links thanks

loulou1981;2344785

lol Shengis thats what ild be worried about spending £200 on a hoover … lol Shengis thats what ild be worried about spending £200 on a hoover to be calling it "poxy" bloody thing lolI do have a vax upright carpet cleaner and its brilliant. i really should go to a shop and try loads of hoovers out for there suction first!

Well take a look on Argos at this one : 405/7176

Then try to find some reviews etc. Seems like a bargain if you can stretch to it;-)

Original Poster

Does anyone own one of these hoovers? and can tell me if suction any good ??

Vax Zero Swift
    Hoover hurricane
    electrolux powerlite

These are all under £50 from kidcat's link above

Try tesco's own brand bagless hoover , pleasently suprised myself :thumbsup:

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

Original Poster

Is it good suction crunch?

loulou1981;2344945

Is it good suction crunch?

Yeah we had a hoover 1600 watt b4 and this beats it hands down .

The bissell lift off is now available at £39.95 if you are considering it

hotukdeals.com/ite…w-/

Henry every time!

Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's help im going to go for the bissel lift off
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Phone "Upgrade"811
      2. Wireless Earphones for Running67
      3. I want some backless loafers for men55