Groups

opinions on cheap refurbished laptops

I have spent ages looking around at a huge variety of laptops and I am still trying to find something that is right for me.

Do you have any opinion on refurbished business laptops? Ebay seems to be full of refurbished machines at reasonable prices. I have had a look at a couple such as these.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…RCH

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…785

This one has an i7, 250 hard drive 8 gig of ram for £200.

I won't be using it for anything too drastic, browsing, streaming, YouTube, downloading the occasional film.

It seems that you get quite a bit for your money, and as I only have a budget of £300, making it go as far as possible is important.

I would be grateful of any advice or ideas.

8 Comments

Probook 6460b is pretty good.

I have one on gumtree if you're local to PO area code

SSD's will make a laptop super quick, so try and get a laptop with one of those

battery life will be the big question for the reconditioned ones. is it holding charge correctly. if you intend using it plugged in all day, as I do, then this is less of a concern and to be fair anything thats been refurbished properly and has a little warranty from 200-300 will be more than adequate for what u seem to need it for

I bought a 2nd hand T530 a couple of months ago and it's hands down the best laptop I've ever owned. Don't anticipate buying a brand new laptop again. Much rather buy ex business.

same question here. looking for a refurb one but screen needs to be 15'' or even 17''.

its just for used by the kids for school work, youtube, kodi, plex. no gaming.

with all the laptop deasl that come up and helpful users contradicting each other on whats good and whats not, it can get confusing.

the second one in your link is tempting OP.

Sitting here typing on my refurbished Lenovo T410 which I picked up from ebay just over a month ago for £90. It replaced a refurbished Lenovo T60 I bought from Morgan Computers for about £100 some time ago. I use Linux Ubuntu ( I want to spend my time using the computer - not messing about trying to configure, fix, update and protect it very frequently) so Lenovos are always my first choice.
    I just see little point in spending 100s more for something which provides the same functionality as my refurbished ones. I'm not a graphics gamer, but I do watch iplayer and other streams without any fuss.
    When going for any refurbished machine try and choose one with the brightest of screens.

EN1GMA

same question here. looking for a refurb one but screen needs to be 15'' … same question here. looking for a refurb one but screen needs to be 15'' or even 17''. its just for used by the kids for school work, youtube, kodi, plex. no gaming.with all the laptop deasl that come up and helpful users contradicting each other on whats good and whats not, it can get confusing.

It can be difficult to find a decent ex Business 15" or 17" as the screen sizes tend to be smaller. No one really wants to lug as large laptop around to work/home or meetings.

However have a search for the Dell Precision range as these tend to come with larger screens and are used as desktop replacements.
    Edited by: "smellycomputers" 21st Oct 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions