EXPIRED

opinions on home cinema sets?

Hi,

Looking for a home cinema set for a new Panasonic 42" plasma I'm getting, mainly used for SD TV + movies, as well as some gaming.

I have a fairly low budget, certainly no more than £250!

I've been considering these:

richersounds.com/sho…370
amazon.co.uk/gp/…top
amazon.co.uk/Phi…mtd

Can I have your opinions please on the speakers, differences between them I might notice, and any additional costs I should bear in mind if I bought them (I really have no clue about how these things work!)

Also, someone mentioned something about not being about to utilise all 5 speakers when watching TV - is this applicable with all of the above..?

Thanks!

PS - open to suggestions for other systems, but should be within budget, and tall boys!

4 Comments

Banned

dixons.co.uk/mar…com i have this its an awesome bit of kit and will compliment your tv

From the links you provide. The Pioneer is my choice

Original Poster

Well, I liked the look of it the most, and obviously the price makes it quite attractive, but will I be able to use all 5 speakers when watching standard TV, or will it only use the first 2 for that? If it is the latter, then there isn't much point in getting it for me!

Hi,

Take a look at this page

pixmania.co.uk/uk/…rix

I would get the Sony HT-DDW890 6.1 (which is not in stock a the mo but should not be long)

and then get a upscaling DVD player for bout £40ish

you could also get the Sony HT-DDWG700 which is only 5.1 but nearly £40 cheaper

hope that helps
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?1720
    2. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)710
    3. Remortgaging to pay off debt67
    4. Iptv811

See more discussions