Opinions on new laptop purchase

Found 18th Jun
Please can I have some feedback on the following purchase, I do have some tech knowledge.

Must have: ssd, 8th gen pentium and a minimum of 8gb ram.

johnlewis.com/del…425

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskComputersLaptop
6 Comments
JL clearance starts in 2 days. Possibly some better bargains there

Have you looked online at dell ? Some better bargains there IMHO

Biggest drawback for me is that its not touch. And the Spec says 720p but also 1920x1080 so ?

You want 8th gen (not sure why since as far as a human can tell, all that means is extra heat output) but beware this is dual core, not quad. If you plan to use it for gaming, it will get very hot and perform intermittently as a result

2 years warranty is nice but what is the warranty? NBD onsite or send it away for weeks at a time

Not bad but not a bargain (and I like Dell)
Edited by: "ccnp" 18th Jun
Thank you so much for your reply I will have a look at the dell website and did not realise it was dual core not quad. Would you favour dell over hp or acer or some of the others. I’ve had dell previously and it worked well for many years. Apple laptop only lasted three years till the hard drive fried.
Yes I have just had a look in there product specs it says dual core and in the description it says Quad core.
Not particularly 13” I was at John Lewis over the weekend and had a feel and look the 13 5000 felt comfortable. I forgot to mention the 12.5% discount a family friend will receive.

As I side not if I was to get JL to price match a competitor will I still receive a 12.5% discount.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions