Groups

opinions on slim fast

Banned
    hi

looking to lose 3st

so thinking shakes as meal replacements

slim fast comes to mind- any good in weight loss? alternative meal replacements?

cheers in advance

14 Comments

Im not 100% about slim fast, but iv been swapping my dinner for a neutriant shake's, having cornflakes for breakfast, sandwhiches for lunch and as much fruit as I want, It works, I jus wanted to loose half a stone.

Personally it didn't work for me because I didn't get the satisfaction of chomping on something (I'd prefer getting my teeth into some carrot). I also didn't like the powdery texture to the shakes.

I think though that an eating plan is a personal thing, and you go with what works for you.

I think if you have a huge appetite and are very overweight - then Slimming World is excellent

I think if you need to control your portion sizes but generally eat quite healthy - Weight Watchers is great

I believe Rosemary Connolly - you get an exercise session in with the class.

Tesco do an online diet service where you can register and then you use the eating plan they suggest or you alter a few things to suit you. You can send the shopping list from the plan to your basket and have the food delivered! This is great if you don't like planning your food - but like preparing and eating it.

There are so many plans!

I did slimfast in Jan and Feb, Shake for breakfast, Shake for lunch and a health meal in the evening. Drank loads of water throughout the day and didn't snack. I lost 2 stones in 2 months - got bored after that so stopped. Tasty stuff too!

In my opinion:

Weight Watchers is really good if you want to lose the weight and keep it off
    Slimmers World is really good if you just need to lose a lot of weight in a short time and are not bothered about keeping it off, I assume that the slimfast way will be the same as neither really teach you how to eat properly after being on the diet

I personally lost three and a half stone on weight watchers over 6 months and have so far kept it off for 14 months

I found I had to be really dedicated to the cause with SlimFast because I always ended up having a sarnie afterwards like already mentioned I need to chomp and treated the shake as a drink not a meal replacement, if you have will power then great, but if you are like me not so good!

tbh i think slim fast is no good i tryed it and lost next to nothing i started the cambridge diet which is shakes/soup and i lost 9lbs in the 1st week but then found out i was preg so had 2 stop ive had baby now and going back on it once the 3 months is up its about £35 a week but well worth it

clubsmed;5368344

In my opinion:Weight Watchers is really good if you want to lose the … In my opinion:Weight Watchers is really good if you want to lose the weight and keep it offSlimmers World is really good if you just need to lose a lot of weight in a short time and are not bothered about keeping it off, I assume that the slimfast way will be the same as neither really teach you how to eat properly after being on the dietI personally lost three and a half stone on weight watchers over 6 months and have so far kept it off for 14 months

Do you mean Slimming World? If so, the fact is with SW you are not even on a 'diet'. It's more about changing your lifestyle, healthy eating, good amount of exercise and teaching you to be more healthy. Slimfast is more of a fad and people get bored easily, you miss real food! With SW you get to eat what you want and never feel deprived :-D
    Good luck ROKO if you follow slimfast

Banned

If you want to lose weight, eat a bit less and exercise more.

It's not a difficult concept to understand.

Depends if you will be satisfied with just a drink instead of a meal? I would rather have a big plate of salad or something.

Also, very easy to put the weight back on when you go back to eating meals instead of having a slimfast

kelly_o_fanatic;5368882

Depends if you will be satisfied with just a drink instead of a meal? I … Depends if you will be satisfied with just a drink instead of a meal? I would rather have a big plate of salad or something.Also, very easy to put the weight back on when you go back to eating meals instead of having a slimfast

exactly.. a 'diet' just means that when the 'diet' is over you are going to be chomping at the bit for real food thus put the weight back on... weight loss has to be a very subtle and controlled thing, you must cut calories very very slowly until it becomes a way of life rather than a 3 week 'diet' , also you must exercise. 45 min 3 times per week at least and getting your heart rate up.

tried it a few times and failed....its too restrictive. u need to much.

i reccomend SW or WW. now i need some willpower!

Crap! I think we should start our link on diet - perhaps then we might find a could one! Debs x

I totally agree with Sharon_uk. SW is a very flexible eating plan that helps you to lose weight and then keep it off. I've lost 4stones 5.5lbs over the last year and find it is easy to fit around the family meals, eating out etc. Not got bored yet!! long way to go, but I'm getting there.

Good luck ROKO whichever plan you choose! :thumbsup:

sharon_uk;5368686

Do you mean Slimming World? If so, the fact is with SW you are not even … Do you mean Slimming World? If so, the fact is with SW you are not even on a 'diet'. It's more about changing your lifestyle, healthy eating, good amount of exercise and teaching you to be more healthy. Slimfast is more of a fad and people get bored easily, you miss real food! With SW you get to eat what you want and never feel deprived :-D Good luck ROKO if you follow slimfast

I suppose it is just down to what suits you. I personally found that Slimming World restricted my foods depending on red/ green day and that eating out was a mini nightmare. My wife lost weight on this, easily and quickly but once at her goal weight and off slimming world she put it all back on and more.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31140
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1218
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…34
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio79

See more discussions