EXPIRED

Optical Cable

Hi, Im looking for an optical to connect my ps3 to surround sound. Im not looking to spend too much as its only a cable. About £10-£15 would be about right for me. Ideal length would be 1-2m Could anyone recommend me a quality cable at that price in a shop - online, or highstreet?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

ps. Ive seen a few like this but the reviews seem mixed.

play.com/Ele…tmlplay.com/Ele…tml

8 Comments

There's one at ]Play.com for £9.99 delivered

i bought mine few quid off homebase few years back. definitely same price or cheaper now?

Got a good one on ebay for about £6 delivered to connect my DVD player to my pioneer 5.1 system

Ebay is about 2-3 £...

]Amazon is £7.99 for an xbox 360 one.
Is there really any difference? The reviewer says standard (non-xbox) ones fall out... Anybody know about this kind of thing?

I bought an optical cable for my ps3 last week from ebay for £3.06 and it works perfectly!! If you want the sellers name, pm me and I'll send it to you.

tazxxx

]Amazon is £7.99 for an xbox 360 one. Is there really any difference? The … ]Amazon is £7.99 for an xbox 360 one. Is there really any difference? The reviewer says standard (non-xbox) ones fall out... Anybody know about this kind of thing?

Yes - its true. i bought a cheapie cable to connect my Xbox 360 to my Yamaha amp but the cable would not stay in! Despite this the sound came out okay!

Original Poster

So am I to take it that there is absolutely no difference in quality in ALL optical cables, regardless of their price?
It would be great if someone could confirm this :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Morrisons Cafe23
    2. cats and royal canin biscuits22
    3. Problem with new double glazed installation55
    4. Best 12" Android Tablet23

See more discussions