Groups
    EXPIRED

optical cable

hi where can i get a optical cable for the xbox 360?!

27 Comments

I got my Optical audio cables from here:

1metre for £4.99 or an extra 50p for 2metre. Delivery at 40p second class or 60p first.

tvcables.co.uk/cgi…tml

Original Poster

thanks mate so no point getting one from maplin its just that i was getting a adapter from there so i wanted to test to see if it workS!

Out of interest what adapter were you getting? Could you get it from tvcables.co.uk? Maplin are a good online store - very efficient but the prices arent the best around

Original Poster

i needed a stepdown adapter-bought it from maplin £9.99

I have a spare 360 optical cable, £4 delivered if you want it.

Original Poster

is it good condition?!
    where u based? il pick it up if ur not 2 far

Original Poster

pm sent mate

Original Poster

spark pm'd u

It's brand new, I got your PM and I've tried to reply but apparently your inbox is full.

Original Poster

try in 5mins!

Original Poster

spark try now m8"

A word of warning if you plan on having multiple devices connecting via an optical switch make sure they are all using the same length cable. I found out the hard way on that one, as a result i have a spare cable knocking about useless

Original Poster

u want to sell?!

what size?

ps whats an optical switch?

PM Sent.

Original Poster

PM SENT spark

i think its only a 1metre, would have to check. Would sell yes.
    http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/tos_switch.jpg
    ^Thats an optical switch, got my xbox, dvd player, ps2 connected into my amp via it - handy piece of kit

Original Poster

mako how much?
    and where can i get a optical switch?!

Original Poster

thanks smashed and as mako was saying do all the cables have to be the same size?!

Forget that place roadie..

get it from CPC... Though you have to pay £5 handling charge..might be £6..

cpc.farnell.com/jsp…637

The bottom 1, its only £4 before the handling charge.

All optical cables will fit, whatever length you get.

You can pick up optical cables from them for under £2 for 1m length.

They all work equally well, you dont need expensive
    Dont forget that you will need an extra cable to connect the switcher to your TV, amp etc.

Original Poster

il have to return two wires back to maplins one was £10 the other was £14

Yep, those cables are fine mate

smashed

They all work equally well, you dont need expensive :)Dont forget that … They all work equally well, you dont need expensive :)Dont forget that you will need an extra cable to connect the switcher to your TV, amp etc.

Im sure your right about the quality mate, but the actual lengths need to be the same due to the way optical works. If your running a 1metre cable into the switch and it comes out to a 2metre the signal gets confused and just wont work.

Original Poster

ok!!!!

mako

Im sure your right about the quality mate, but the actual lengths need to … Im sure your right about the quality mate, but the actual lengths need to be the same due to the way optical works. If your running a 1metre cable into the switch and it comes out to a 2metre the signal gets confused and just wont work.

Really? :?

Ive never heard of that before. I guess mine are all the same lenth then :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77752
      2. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....34
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886408
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553789

See more discussions