optical cables

is it worth getting expensive ones or would cheap ones work as well?

8 Comments

whatsThePoint;8647608

cheap are just as good

+1

its the same with the hdmi cables - cheap is fine, although not too cheap :thumbsup:

Original Poster

oh right, thanks, im looking to get an amp and some speakers and was thinking should i buy the cables from richer sounds or buy them seperately

roadie;8647750

oh right, thanks, im looking to get an amp and some speakers and was … oh right, thanks, im looking to get an amp and some speakers and was thinking should i buy the cables from richer sounds or buy them seperately

Richer sounds are expensive for items like this.

I usually buy my connectors from:
thatcable.com/
Fairly priced, good quality and good customer service.

Original Poster

oh right, only asking because they said that they will do a good deal if i buy cables of them but i had a look and their expensive. can anyone recommend a good amp and speakers? the 507 is out of stock, what do you think of the onkyo 307

roadie your inbox is full thus couldnt PM you back.
I have the Onkyo TX-SR507 :thumbsup:

Original Poster

cleared some of my inbox, i see you recommended the onkyo home surround system, do you reckon its worth getting that?
richersounds.com/pro…blk

roadie;8648131

cleared some of my inbox, i see you recommended the onkyo home surround … cleared some of my inbox, i see you recommended the onkyo home surround system, do you reckon its worth getting that?

I personally love the Onkyo TX-SR507 so far, although yet to set it up 5.1 due to buying a property which finalised today and not moving in for a week and a half. But the setup is very nice with the Audyssey system, although I still tweaked it afterwards to get what I wanted out of it.
It looks quite sleek as well, although I wish the front inputs had a cover.

See my posts here for a little bit more:

hotukdeals.com/ite…t=6

hotukdeals.com/ite…=33

Original Poster

wow, that amp is pretty good but richersounds have ran out of stock so they suggested the 308,
congrats on your house purchase!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again415
    2. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions