Groups

Optical Drive Help

Hi

Looking at getting a decent optical drive for my netbook. Have bought a LG one which does not work with DVD. I would like it to cost under £60, powered by USB, loads DVD and writes files on to CD's.

Thanks

6 Comments

You should look for a ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U EXTERNAL DVD RE-WRITER, 8X, BLACK Seen one on fleabay for under the price you are looking for one. Other than that purchase a pioneer internal dvd rewriter Pioneer Sata 22x DVD writer Black DVR-S18LBK and purchase a seperate 5.25 enclosure and build a external unit yourself.

Sorry ....Just seen " Powered by usb" ....The ASUS SDRW-08D1S-U EXTERNAL DVD RE-WRITER will work by the usb powered thou.

[FONT=Verdana]Have you checked out the ones listed on Amazon UK?

Here's a couple to consider but would also recommend doing a search via the online shopping search engines as well.

Slimline USB External Dual Layer DVD+-RW in black drive: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo - £39.99p + £3.95p Shipping
    amazon.co.uk/Sli…top

MY-Link USB External Slim USB External DVD-RW CD-RW DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo - £38.99p + FREE SHIPPING
    amazon.co.uk/MY-…top

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:
    [/FONT]

Original Poster

Thanks both for the links. Great help.

which lg did you have that did not work. ?

Thing is with laptop /slimline drives are they have poor / performace / firmware support /media support/

However for netbook use and powered by usb you have little choice so maybe email sellers above and ask what model of drive is installed into the plastic case they are selling...Def avoid Matshita/ Matsushita /

Original Poster

currys.co.uk/mar…463

link provided which does not work with netbook toshiba NB200
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…44
      3. Review Hub Monthly Competition - Win a OnePlus 5!88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat1010

See more discussions