Expired

Optical Mouse for laptop

9 replies
Found 6th Nov 2007
Hi all,

Looking to buy a mouse for my laptop, as i am going to be using AutoCAD on it which will be awkward on the touchpad.

Dont usually use the laptop on a table though (usually just on knee), so thought an optical one would be best?

Open to suggestions / comments on the best sort to get (theres an expert for everything here!).

Budget would be less than £20 probably.

Many Thanks!

9 Comments

You can go for either a regular Optical mouse or "Optical mini mouse with or without retractable cable".. the latter ones are suitable for laptops.

Check these deals from Play.Com

Banned

For £20 you can get a laser mouse, they are much more accurate and can be used on pretty much any surface imaginable

amazon.co.uk/Sai…8-1

Original Poster

Thanks for the help everyone, rep given!

Any reccommendations on a decent laser mouse for less than £20 then?

has_152

i have one brand new if u are interested could post a pic

Thanks, but i'd rather buy from a shop on this occasion

Original Poster

thanks, where from?

edit: found at cclonline.com - anybody used these before?

TBH the mouse looks a bit over the top for my needs, lots of buttons mainly aimed at gamers?

Original Poster

anybody found one for me?!

Original Poster

|Shaz|

how bout this? :thumbsup: ]http://www.ebuyer.com/product/114181

thanks, will take a look.....

dcx_badass

I've got the X750 as do quite a few of my friendsthe thing i like is the … I've got the X750 as do quite a few of my friendsthe thing i like is the buttons can be set to do otherthings, so you could map them to shortcuts you use alot in autocad? Its really comfy aswell.

Thanks, will take a closer look at this one, just dont want loads of buttons getting in the way. Only really need left button, right button , scroll wheel.

I got mine off eBay for £4 and can't fault it.

Original Poster

Bane17

I got mine off eBay for £4 and can't fault it.

which one?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75856
    2. E: 22/09 (+6) Win £40,000, a BMW X4 and a Gadget Bundle with Good Morning B…88
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
    4. Win free gin for a year99

See more discussions