EXPIRED

OPTICAL PRESCRIPTION HELP PLEASE

I wear glasses for reading only, very small prescription am +.50 in right eye and +.25 in left eye. Problem is I can find my prescription so anyone have any ideas which catergory my prescription would be in: ie sph, cyl or axis

8 Comments

sphere

Original Poster

Well that's what I thought but just rang specsavers and they reckon it's the add section. Am trying to buy glasses online coz tonnes cheaper but all the sights I have seen don't seem to do low enough in ADD section most start at +0.75

silkymolo

Well that's what I thought but just rang specsavers and they reckon it's … Well that's what I thought but just rang specsavers and they reckon it's the add section. Am trying to buy glasses online coz tonnes cheaper but all the sights I have seen don't seem to do low enough in ADD section most start at +0.75

whoever did your last eye test will have your prescription, ask them to email/fax it you

You can request a copy of your prescription and then copy it...They can NOT keep the prescription from you.

A reading prescription will be the same IF you have one your prescription may be written like this

R +0.50 Add +1.00
L +0.25 Add +1.00

But If you have a reading ONLY rx what happens is the 2 get add together making this
R +1.50
L+1.25

If the 1st part is in minus form it works out the same ie -0.25 +1.00 would make +0.75 for reading!

Original Poster

Yeah, I can get a copy, but you have to go get it in person apparently boo! I know there was only one figure for each eye on prescription, think I may have to take a trip to specsavers and pick it up, its just so much cheaper to get glasses online

They Could post it to you...they are just being a pain...they want you in the shop so they can try and get you to buy! Vision express are doing 2 from £99 and double nectar points too.
If you do need a hand with your prescription just send me a message!

Just guess I'm sure it will be fine
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again715
    2. How much would you pay for this chair?1617
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764096
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?68

See more discussions