Groups
    EXPIRED

Optical Smoke Alarm

I am looking for a decent cheap optical smoke alarm that doesn't require going into the mains.

I tried looking at my local tesco homeplus today if the optical smoke alarm for 56p was still there but it seems to be only part of packs now and had limited selection on shelf. The best was an angelfire optical 10year one for £10 which isn't bad but I would prefer £5 max

Obviously as it is a fire alarm I do want a proper one that performs to safety standards which is the reason why I am not going to go down the auction route.

Has to be optical though not ionising one.

Also does anyone know a site that shows different floor plans for best placement? I wouldn't mind knowing knowing where to properly place it if I am going to do it at all.

It wouldn't be in UK this alarm is for so no point trying to get the fire brigade to help.

5 Comments

Ring your local fire brigade. Ours come out and supply and fit for free (the ones with 10 yr battery life). We in West Mids - but believe nationwide

What is an optical fire alarm -
    is that another way of saying smoke???

Original Poster

TAH-M

Ring your local fire brigade. Ours come out and supply and fit for free … Ring your local fire brigade. Ours come out and supply and fit for free (the ones with 10 yr battery life). We in West Mids - but believe nationwide

ShadowDoGG

It wouldn't be in UK this alarm is for so no point trying to get the fire … It wouldn't be in UK this alarm is for so no point trying to get the fire brigade to help.

Original Poster

DAMNOME

What is an optical fire alarm -is that another way of saying smoke???

There is 3 main types. Heat, Ionising and Optical. All work by different means and all have different requirements.

Original Poster

Unless you know whether Republic of ireland does this ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Has your £2.50 Topcashback been paid from the last offer?22
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2027
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?915
      4. Back to European satellite tv32

See more discussions