Optical sound from Xbox One S and YouView Box into Soundbar

Found 8th Jan
I have this soundbar

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

and this YouView Box

currys.co.uk/gbu….ds

and an Xbox One S.

xbox.com/en-…e-s

I currently have the YouView box's sound going through the soundbar via optical. However, I would like the Xbox's sound to go through the soundbar as well via optical.

Therefore, what is the best way to get the Xbox One S and YouView sound through the soundbar via optical, without swapping cables around?
Community Updates
6 Comments
Hook the soundbar upto the tv and then everything that is plugged in to the tv will come out the soundbar .
how about something like this its an optical splitter the link is just an example ill let you do your own research, just make sure you get the right combination, 2 in 1 out i think
Edited by: "ding" 8th Jan
Friend used a splitter like that with a very similar setup just a different soundbar and TV and only the set top box worked. Hooking the soundbar to TV directly did not work.
bev150543 m ago

Friend used a splitter like that with a very similar setup just a …Friend used a splitter like that with a very similar setup just a different soundbar and TV and only the set top box worked. Hooking the soundbar to TV directly did not work.

did your friend have the right combination of 2 in 1 out
Yes
bev15058 h, 10 m ago

Friend used a splitter like that with a very similar setup just a …Friend used a splitter like that with a very similar setup just a different soundbar and TV and only the set top box worked. Hooking the soundbar to TV directly did not work.

You have to change the audio output settings on your tv
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants