Opticians reglaze frames bought online

Found 12th Nov 2017
Hello

I am looking to get some lenses fitted on the high st for frames I bought online. However, vision express want £59 for the privilege and another one wanted £30 but the lenses were £350! Specsavers and Tesco outright refuse to fit lenses in any frames not purchased from them.

I would happily buy the frames on the high st if opticians were honest about sizes available. I went into vision express on the weekend and they outright lied that the frames I wanted only came in one size - even though I have found them online.

It seems buying glasses online is still a taboo with opticians. They won’t give you your pupil distance and make it uneconomical to fit lenses.

Anyone found a friendly high st opticians?

I have found measuring my pupil distance difficult and given my prescription being quite strong, I need it accurate!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

In our area we have glasses want to call them shops as they aren’t opticians but they really are in industrial estates mainly so not even shops a few around here they sell frames and lenses at discount prices and will fit lenses to your own glasses abut like the reglazing companies do. You probably have something like that around you. Reason most of the high street won’t do it is because there is a chance the frame could break when they put the new lenses in. Try ringing round some independent optician as well.

Original Poster

I don’t buy this “frames might break” excuse, the same applies if buying frames from the same shop!

darren_8539 m ago

I don’t buy this “frames might break” excuse, the same applies if buying fr …I don’t buy this “frames might break” excuse, the same applies if buying frames from the same shop!

The frames they're selling they'll be making money on, If they broke them they could replace them, If they broke your frames they would be responsible for replacing them.

Original Poster

I’d love to know the %age of glasses that break - they are MADE to be glazed, they don’t break!

They’re just after money unfortunately. You won’t get them for free anywhere.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions