optimal pic settings for my samsung lcd tv

4 replies
Found 12th Jan 2009
i heard there was a dvd you can get that allows you to tune in your optimum picture settings to get the best from your lcd tv. i think it is as a special feature on a dvd like toy story or monsters inc or something like that....

can anyone help? not sure which dvd i need but its definately a special feature on one of the films from that sort of genre.

thanks in advance for any help guys

Franco

4 Comments

I currently rented ratatouille and ice age 2 over xmas - one of them allowed you to set the contrast etc, think it was ratatouille

but if you go over to avforums you will find a thread for your samsung and most likely have setting from other owners

Yes it the THX optimiser and is available on selected Disney/pixar dvd's and on starwars dvd's. You just load it up and follow the instructions. It's great for movies and tv where the colour balance has been set right but sometimes it makes things like the football look a little out when the colours aren't right. Satanta seem to be the worst culprit.

The disney pixar DVD's with THX have a set up option. This includes Toy Story, Cars etc. It doesn't do colour as that really is personal preference but it does contrasts, sharpness, brightness & any surround sound you may have etc.

Original Poster

thankyou to FIZZ, GAVIN, and TOONAMI.
all repped, those are the exact answers i was after, many thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Charge Back From A Betting Account11
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted34
    3. Want to sell on DLC ebay22
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person514

See more discussions