Any security camera guru's here - Purchasing some POE cameras

Posted 19th MayEdited by:"Gumbon"
Goal?
Be able to record footage of garden, had nest previously but not happy with reliability and reduncancy.

Only want one camera at the moment but might need (2 max) in future.

Been looking at this cam
amazon.co.uk/ANN…8-6

Has sd card slot which is great added redundancy.

Know NVR question

Hikvision or Ankee?

Is there better features on either? I guess both will work with the camera suggested, I have no idea about this topic so wondering what way to go with this.

I don't have ethernet in the shed where the NVR is and I do want to remotely view the feed so I probs will put in a powerline booster of a google wifi puck or something.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
bump
use-ip.co.uk/for…13/ (Though they would defend Hik).

I have a Hik setup inc NVR and 5 cameras. The cost adds up but I am very happy with it.

You can use a POE switch to power the camera and then run a powerline back to the house / NVR
smashed19/05/2020 16:33

https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/threads/annke-vs-reolink-vs-hiwatch.1613/ …https://www.use-ip.co.uk/forum/threads/annke-vs-reolink-vs-hiwatch.1613/ (Though they would defend Hik).I have a Hik setup inc NVR and 5 cameras. The cost adds up but I am very happy with it.You can use a POE switch to power the camera and then run a powerline back to the house / NVR

Not going to get budget to run a cable (parent house)

Will probs just use a poweline plugin... not great but they only want 1/2 cameras
Gumbon19/05/2020 16:46

Not going to get budget to run a cable (parent house)Will probs just use a …Not going to get budget to run a cable (parent house)Will probs just use a poweline plugin... not great but they only want 1/2 cameras

You need the POE switch to power the IP camera as well as the powerline though.
smashed19/05/2020 16:48

You need the POE switch to power the IP camera as well as the powerline …You need the POE switch to power the IP camera as well as the powerline though.

I thought the NVR powers the cameras?
Gumbon19/05/2020 17:09

I thought the NVR powers the cameras?

Aah, you want the view from the shed? I thought you were trying to put a camera to the shed and would powerline it back to the nvr
Yes, the nvr will power them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions