Orange and T-mobile now using each others transmitters

15 replies
Found 28th Oct 2010
Call and text in even more places

Now you can pick up a signal from both the Orange and T-Mobile networks in the UK which means that you can call and text in even more places.

* Your phone will use T-Mobile signal if it doesn't pick up an Orange signal
* Your charges stay the same when you use T-Mobile signal
* Nothing else will change, you'll just get more network coverage

1. Misc
  2. T-Mobile
16 Comments

Does it work the other way round
* Your phone will use an Orange signal if it doesn't pick up a T mobile signal?

The signals switch automatically, but they are weak signals eg. if you are on Orange and there is no signal you might get a Tmobile signal , maybe a bar, but if you are Tmobile you get full bars. I think they still have teeting problems sorting the signals out...

retiredcynic

Does it work the other way round* Your phone will use an Orange signal if … Does it work the other way round* Your phone will use an Orange signal if it doesn't pick up a T mobile signal?

Yes, each networks customers can now roam on the others network. You need to register on the website of which ever network you're on.

welcome to 2 weeks ago!

If you're on Orange the address is orange.co.uk/share and I suppose it'll be a similar address for T-Mobile.

I've had it a couple of weeks now.

Think this is only for 2g is it not?

Arent they owned by the same people now?

Banned

Does anyone know if it covers 3's backup 2g network yet?

Randa1

They've merged, the new holding company is called Everything, Everywhere !

Randa1

Yes, a new company formed called "Everything Everywhere" Orange and T-Mobile are now products of EE.

vibeone

Does anyone know if it covers 3's backup 2g network yet?

No, because 3g isn't covered. It's only voice and 2g.

Both Orange and T are still as is, and the agreement with 3 is with T not the new company. . .

Yay, another thread about this

Anyone know if t-mobile users will get 241 films at any point?

Does this work for virgin being that they use t-mobile?

Banned

steve1221

No, because 3g isn't covered. It's only voice and 2g.Both Orange and T … No, because 3g isn't covered. It's only voice and 2g.Both Orange and T are still as is, and the agreement with 3 is with T not the new company. . .

It's with O these days actually, but thanks for your help. Kinda helped make my mind up on something!

sancho1983

Yay, another thread about thisAnyone know if t-mobile users will get 241 … Yay, another thread about thisAnyone know if t-mobile users will get 241 films at any point?

no

Banned

Set this up last week on a trip to Portsmouth as I was getting lots of dropped signals on T Mobile. Orange never kicked in.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Credit Card Debt Question...56
    2. Looking to travel from belfast33
    3. Paw patrol sea patroller44
    4. Is this expensive?713

See more discussions