Groups

Orange handset Upgrade

Can anyone tell me the procedure with upgrading an orange handset?

Do you have to activate a new sim? keep the same number? sign a new contract?

If you decide to sell the upgrade what happens then?

Thank you :thumbsup:

19 Comments

Go to the Orange website - there's a members' section, in which you can find out what handsets you can upgrade to, & the cost (from free up to ???). Once you've chosen then you can apply online or ring Orange and ask them for the handset.

When I've rung them in the past they've always been switched on & aware of the latest offers (and very helpful, too:thumbsup: ).

You can keep the same sim (& number) if you want - they will send you a free PAYG sim for your old handset if you want one.

The downside is that by doing this you're agreeing to extend your contract by another year.

Original Poster

thank you

ive been offered the u600 for £50, is that good?

Original Poster

how much would you ask for a samsung u600 in the fs forum?

Original Poster

ok, ive received my upgrade, now it has a sim card with it but do i need this? the phone seems to work with my current sim in so im confused

I think all new phones come with a sim in the box. Just put that to one side, and keep your old sim. I would anyways and have done before. It's your old sim that will have all your contacts and stuff, the new one will be blank with a different phone number too no doubt.

So, you're selling your new (upgraded) phone and keeping your old handset? Best thing would be check ebay for prices i'd say

edit: make sure you think of a price you want, and stick to it, cos there are a lot of chances on here, who ignore prices and make silly offers

Original Poster

boydent999

I think all new phones come with a sim in the box. Just put that to one … I think all new phones come with a sim in the box. Just put that to one side, and keep your old sim. I would anyways and have done before. It's your old sim that will have all your contacts and stuff, the new one will be blank with a different phone number too no doubt.So, you're selling your new (upgraded) phone and keeping your old handset? Best thing would be check ebay for prices i'd say :)edit: make sure you think of a price you want, and stick to it, cos there are a lot of chances on here, who ignore prices and make silly offers

thank you, :thumbsup:

yup ive done my research and will list it soon, i had to pay £50 to get it so will be sticking to my price :thumbsup:

It might be worth phoning Orange & just checking with them that they're not expecting you to do anything with the new sim card (just in case!).

However, as posters here have already said, the contract is with the phone line (i.e. your phone number) so you should be OK.

That's true, as there's a lot of people out there that sell the handset and just keep the number.

I'm actually thinking of selling my Nokia N95, as I've seen some go for upto over £300 (arrives on Monday), then just buy a decent phone for about half of that and it's all good as well, as I now have 900 mins plus unlimited evening and weekend calls for £35 a month.

EDIT: bare in mind that the phone will be locked to the respective network, so you'll have to mention that in your listing.

Told you you'd get a silly offer :giggle:
    Very polite reply, i might have been more, erm, abrupt :w00t:

Original Poster

lol,they do try! well im toying with the idea of if i dont get what i want i may send it back, maybe choose another, i just thought it would be less fiddling about this way

Original Poster

realfriendlyman

That's true, as there's a lot of people out there that sell the handset … That's true, as there's a lot of people out there that sell the handset and just keep the number.I'm actually thinking of selling my Nokia N95, as I've seen some go for upto over £300 (arrives on Monday), then just buy a decent phone for about half of that and it's all good as well, as I now have 900 mins plus unlimited evening and weekend calls for £35 a month.EDIT: bare in mind that the phone will be locked to the respective network, so you'll have to mention that in your listing.

:thumbsup: i state its on orange :-D

Original Poster

ok guys

can anyone tell me if i use the new sim in the new handset i obviously loose pics and messages etc, can i pu the old in first and save all data to the phone, then activate the new sim?

thanks

Whenever i "upgrade", the old sim, goes in the new phone, and i copy texts and contacts.
    Not sure about pictures, sorry
    If you need to then use your new sim, then yeah, as long as it's done right, you just copy your texts and contacts from phone to sim

Might be worth a quick google, or ask here for help on your specific handset. I know nokia's for example you can select can't you the memory in use, sim, phone or both. This would be ideal for what you need you use

anyone know how often u can upgrade in a 18 month contract with orange?

or is it only at the end of it?

Original Poster

muffin247

anyone know how often u can upgrade in a 18 month contract with orange?or … anyone know how often u can upgrade in a 18 month contract with orange?or is it only at the end of it?

ive just upgraded with orange, i am in month 12 of an 18, had to sign up to a new 18 month and pay an upgrage fee

muffin247

anyone know how often u can upgrade in a 18 month contract with orange?

How often? What, have you already upgraded once, or more within an 18 month contract?
    muffin247

or is it only at the end of it?

You can upgrade at any time, with (almost) any contract, as long as you're willing to part with some cash, or take a rubbish phone. Ring up and ask

have a look at the orange faq

my deal was kinda poor

nokia n95 free

300 mins
    400 texts

£25 pm 18month contract

oh it says anytime but say i do it in month 2 of my contract do i have to give my old fone back(in this case n95)

Original Poster

muffin247

my deal was kinda poornokia n95 free300 mins 400 texts£25 pm 18month … my deal was kinda poornokia n95 free300 mins 400 texts£25 pm 18month contractoh it says anytime but say i do it in month 2 of my contract do i have to give my old fone back(in this case n95)

im not sure about that soon :w00t:

call them, you will most definately have to pay towards an upgrade, i did in month 12

Original Poster

loupomm

ok guyscan anyone tell me if i use the new sim in the new handset i … ok guyscan anyone tell me if i use the new sim in the new handset i obviously loose pics and messages etc, can i pu the old in first and save all data to the phone, then activate the new sim?thanks

i dont wanna loose my stuff on my old phone/sim :-(
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5012503
      2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!1014
      3. GCSE Results day911
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764719

See more discussions