Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate Unlocked At Last!

Found 12th Nov 2011
Couldn't see it already posted so I thought it prudent to add that an unlocking system has been found for the Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate handsets - just came across the updated posts on the Modaco Forum.

Links are in the first post for those who are interested in this.
Community Updates
MiscZTE
19 Comments
is this hard to do if I am not great with computers
grambo

is this hard to do if I am not great with computers

Not got this phone but if you can read, double click an exe and copy and paste a file it looks simple.
harlzter

Not got this phone but if you can read, double click an exe and copy and … Not got this phone but if you can read, double click an exe and copy and paste a file it looks simple.

Put it this way, I reckon my 9 year old lad could do it and would let him try with confidence, he has in the past with guidance unlocked a dongle and a mobile.
harlzter

Put it this way, I reckon my 9 year old lad could do it and would let him … Put it this way, I reckon my 9 year old lad could do it and would let him try with confidence, he has in the past with guidance unlocked a dongle and a mobile.

+1 - It's my understanding it's quite simple to do and that a more simplified guide will be forthcoming on the Modaco Forum; worse case IF you brick the handset you could return it to the Orange Store for repair dependent upon it's condition but check this out first before attempting to unlock it.

what a great dad you are - sounds like he's gonna be very tech comfortable

harlzter

Put it this way, I reckon my 9 year old lad could do it and would let him … Put it this way, I reckon my 9 year old lad could do it and would let him try with confidence, he has in the past with guidance unlocked a dongle and a mobile.

Edited by: "dt_matthews" 12th Nov 2011
nice one op - i dont have it but i know there is a very large number of users who do and are desperate for an unlock
dt_matthews

nice one op - i dont have it but i know there is a very large number of … nice one op - i dont have it but i know there is a very large number of users who do and are desperate for an unlock

No probs mate - I remember there were quite a lot of HUKD members that had purchased it, so this was ideal when I came across it at the Modaco Forum. I must admit that with the unlocking option now being available it is a tempting handset to purchase.

Edit - Updated the most recent deal threads for this handset with a link back to this thread, so the word gets out to the members who own this handset.

yeh, its certainly more tempting now but I have the SF and with the right rom and setup I'm not sure I can really see the point - interested in what specs the SF II might have but it all seems a bit mysterious at the mo!

Scotty Boy

No probs mate - I remember there were quite a lot of HUKD members that … No probs mate - I remember there were quite a lot of HUKD members that had purchased it, so this was ideal when I came across it at the Modaco Forum. I must admit that with the unlocking option now being available it is a tempting handset to purchase. Edit - Updated the most recent deal threads for this handset with a link back to this thread, so the word gets out to the members who own this handset.

dt_matthews

yeh, its certainly more tempting now but I have the SF and with the right … yeh, its certainly more tempting now but I have the SF and with the right rom and setup I'm not sure I can really see the point - interested in what specs the SF II might have but it all seems a bit mysterious at the mo!

True...difficult decision as one of my Nokia 6303i Classic handsets is starting to die and replacing it with an Android handset would be quite handy; I need it for responding to emails quickly, as presently I'm unemployed and dealing with recruitment agencies is proving to be a pain - a lot of them are just emailing responses rather than phoning.
This has put the cat among the pigeons for me!

Was going to go for the Xperia Play as it had the specs I wanted (and the heft I didn't, LOL!). Now that the OMC has been unlocked I am sorely tempted. Kicking myself that I didn't go for the stupendous Quidco deal in October!

Only thing is, I'd love to have a handset that can handle Adobe Flash, the Xperia can right out of the box.

Decisions.....
prudenza

This has put the cat among the pigeons for me! Was going to go for the … This has put the cat among the pigeons for me! Was going to go for the Xperia Play as it had the specs I wanted (and the heft I didn't, LOL!). Now that the OMC has been unlocked I am sorely tempted. Kicking myself that I didn't go for the stupendous Quidco deal in October!Only thing is, I'd love to have a handset that can handle Adobe Flash, the Xperia can right out of the box.Decisions.....

Any chance you can try out both handsets instore, so you make a decision from hands on use?
its very easy to get flash on the omc though
Scotty Boy

Any chance you can try out both handsets instore, so you make a decision … Any chance you can try out both handsets instore, so you make a decision from hands on use?

Actually, went to CPW to try the Play out and for some reason it didn't seem as bulky as I remember from my first fiddle. Funny thing is, the well documented crazy screen problem afflicted the one I tried. Started browsing and when I tried to use the back key to clear the web address, it all went pear shaped as if some evil force had taken over and was pressing random keys! Really weird!

Alas, forgot to try out the OMC. WIll check it out tomorrow and also check if the NHS/Govt worker/Council worker discount is available in addition to the christmas goodies.
dt_matthews

its very easy to get flash on the omc though

Is it as good as flash on the newer processors which support it natively?
prudenza

Actually, went to CPW to try the Play out and for some reason it didn't … Actually, went to CPW to try the Play out and for some reason it didn't seem as bulky as I remember from my first fiddle. Funny thing is, the well documented crazy screen problem afflicted the one I tried. Started browsing and when I tried to use the back key to clear the web address, it all went pear shaped as if some evil force had taken over and was pressing random keys! Really weird!Alas, forgot to try out the OMC. WIll check it out tomorrow and also check if the NHS/Govt worker/Council worker discount is available in addition to the christmas goodies.

Good luck with that mate and fingers crossed you'll get all sorted out tomorrow - remember you can get potential cashback for the OMC via Quidco or TopCashBack if you order it online but the worker discount might work out better for you.

well i have an SF which now has flash and its fine for me, tbh i dont have a reference point as i dont have any other flash enabled mobiles to compare it to.

prudenza

Is it as good as flash on the newer processors which support it natively?

I have a monte carlo coming on friday and I will try this. fingers crossed.
KeBaBubba

I have a monte carlo coming on friday and I will try this. fingers … I have a monte carlo coming on friday and I will try this. fingers crossed.

Good luck and I hope you get sorted out via the unlocking guide.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants