Found 6th Nov 2009
my OH's phone got stolen today and tonight he called orange and requested them to send him another sim card hes on a 18 months contract with them and they said it'll cost him £15 for a replacement sim, they usually give free sim cards out everytime on their website so im wondering if this charge is normal........ thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

not sure about orange but t mobile send them out free as ive lost my phone twice n then rang them and recieved it a few days later.

vodafone blocked my sons mobile and sent a free replacement sim with his old number on it

Original Poster

thanks for the reply guys
he called in the afternoon to block the sim and everything and tonight he calls them up and they said it'll cost £15 for a replacement sim :? and i told him to ask what if you have an orange sim already and maybe just transfer the number and stuff to that sim and they said its different cos its a pay as you go sim :? has anyone experienced this with orange cos im with o2 and i've received a new sim free of charge........... think i'll call them up tomorrow and request the sim myself cos im not prepared to let him pay £15 for a sim card :x

i hope this aint true sons just rang from his mates phone saying his lost his phone or its been nicked his on orange contract im not happy if his got pay £15 to get new sim

Original Poster

ttwcd;6805007

i hope this aint true sons just rang from his mates phone saying his lost … i hope this aint true sons just rang from his mates phone saying his lost his phone or its been nicked his on orange contract im not happy if his got pay £15 to get new sim

did they tell him he had to pay for a new sim though?

no idea about Orange, but with Vodafone when my phone got stolen I first rang them and blocked the sim and then I was able to walk into a store and they gave me a new sim there and then - for free

I'm sure they shouldn't charge, first time I heard something like this.

The 15 quid is a fee to clam on the Orange care (the excess fee). I've never heard of it being changed for a sim?

I'd call back and tell they that its only the sim you want.

quite sure its £15 plus vat too! first time replacement should be free, they put it down as a goodwill gesture and scrub the charge

o2 gave me a free sim when mine was stolen.

ttwcd;6805007

i hope this aint true sons just rang from his mates phone saying his lost … i hope this aint true sons just rang from his mates phone saying his lost his phone or its been nicked his on orange contract im not happy if his got pay £15 to get new sim

im lucky son found his phone but good luck with orange

Original Poster

thanks for the replies, i will give them a call later tonight
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769430
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.35
    3. UNDERTALE PS4 / PS Vita / PC Physical Editions (Exclusive to Fangamer)33
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428014646

See more discussions