Groups

Orange retreats the Sept changes due to many customers wanting to leave!

hi guys,
    just to let you know that orange has decided not to change any t & c's which were due in sept coz of overwhelming no. of customers wanting to leave
    though who already had the opportunity to cancel the contract are winners!!

11 Comments

People Power :thumbsup: Ha Ha:)

Under Ofcom regulations any contract changes must be with 30days notification and clearly state that this provides them with the option to leave a contract within that period penalty free.

Companies really do not like admitting or at all enforcing that last point, especially when alot of people do it which IMO pretty much makes them party to a conspiracy of criminal neglect at best and fraud at worst.

The lesson here to ensure you know and understand your rights, far too many people bitch because they do not comprehend what they are entitled too and know not how to apply the law in their favour. To expect a company to stand up for your rights and suffer a loss of your custom by pointing it out is naive.

This is funny

schizoboy;6006178

Under Ofcom regulations any contract changes must be with 30days … Under Ofcom regulations any contract changes must be with 30days notification and clearly state that this provides them with the option to leave a contract within that period penalty free.Companies really do not like admitting or at all enforcing that last point, especially when alot of people do it which IMO pretty much makes them party to a conspiracy of criminal neglect at best and fraud at worst.The lesson here to ensure you know and understand your rights, far too many people bitch because they do not comprehend what they are entitled too and know not how to apply the law in their favour. To expect a company to stand up for your rights and suffer a loss of your custom by pointing it out is naive.

Yes, you are right, but Orange Customer service are bare faced liars.
    They were telling customers they had agreements with Ofcom not to terminate contracts, which Ofcom knew nothing about.

They basically had been briefed to say ANYTHING to their 'beloved' customers to get them off the phone, and not cancel.

Some of the attitudes were nothing short of disgraceful too, i hope there is a full enquiry and the offending customer service staff, sacked.

There were some good eggs, don't get me wrong, but on the whole Orange deserve to go under because of the way they have treated their customers.

Glad i got out when i could :x

Damn, damn, damn!!

Should have left when I could and got an Iphone.
    If I didn't have a blackberry with Orange would have been on the phone without even thinking about it.

:x

Sorry, I'm confused, so can I still leave Orange if I want to? I got the text message about the price change but hadn't done anything about it as yet.

hitchinboy;6009792

Sorry, I'm confused, so can I still leave Orange if I want to? I got the … Sorry, I'm confused, so can I still leave Orange if I want to? I got the text message about the price change but hadn't done anything about it as yet.

You have 30days from recieving that text to leave, assuming it was your 1st notification of the new t&c's.

The point being argued is all the tactics Orange use to get you to stay.

Original Poster

hitchinboy;6009792

Sorry, I'm confused, so can I still leave Orange if I want to? I got the … Sorry, I'm confused, so can I still leave Orange if I want to? I got the text message about the price change but hadn't done anything about it as yet.

i am afraid coz when you ring you will get the answer now that ignore the txt as they are not changing anything now.

mikebike;6006109

People Power :thumbsup: Ha Ha:)

Considering how properly informed customers can enact a pro consumer contract law, I don't understand why they bother with applying changes to existing customers when this bad PR can occur each time due to cheaply trained phone monkey call centres, they need to learn to adopt new customers only when applying this.

Original Poster

schizoboy;6010056

Considering how properly informed customers can enact a pro consumer … Considering how properly informed customers can enact a pro consumer contract law, I don't understand why they bother with applying changes to existing customers when this bad PR can occur each time due to cheaply trained phone monkey call centres, they need to learn to adopt new customers only when applying this.

Thanks, myself being one of the cheaply trained monkey call center person, :thinking:

who is on orange anyway they are rubbish at whatever they do...this is just another example of their rubbish ideas... Orange wednesdays is the exception that proves the rule...orange = rubbish.

marian don't worry i love you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…56
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1429
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband1011
      4. Best £500 student laptop choice?22

See more discussions