Groups

orange san fran - £10 credit? help!

Hiya,

I am trying to set up my Orange San Francisco phone as my Virgin Mobile contract ends tomorrow. I just called up virgin and they said I need to call Orange today with my PAC code to transfer my no. before tomorrow.
    I have put in my sim card but the £10 credit hasn't been put on yet.... should i wait until it is credited or can i transfer my new number over first? Will I still get the £10 credit if I have changed my number? So confused I don't know what to do!

Thanks,
    xx

5 Comments

You can transfer any time, don't wait for the credit to come on as that could take ages. When I bought a Orange SF, they said the credit would be on within 7 days. A week later, nothing. Phoned up and was told to wait another week. Did that and still nothing. Finally got added over 3 weeks after I originally phoned up. Orange customer service monkeys don't have a clue - would never go on Orange personally!
    Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 9th May 2011

Original Poster

oldmanhouse

You can transfer any time, don't wait for the credit to come on as that … You can transfer any time, don't wait for the credit to come on as that could take ages. When I bought a Orange SF, they said the credit would be on within 7 days. A week later, nothing. Phoned up and was told to wait another week. Did that and still nothing. Finally got added over 3 weeks after I originally phoned up. Orange customer service monkeys don't have a clue - would never go on Orange personally!

thanks for your reply so i'll still get the £10 credit even if i transfer over my old number?
    xx

Yes. You'll still be on Orange, just with your old number rather than the one Orange have assigned you by default.

If the credit doesn't arrive, chase them up until it does. Look up their number on saynoto0870.com do you don't have to pay extra for the 0845 number rate.

Go on GiffGaff instead, HTH.

Original Poster

oldmanhouse

Yes. You'll still be on Orange, just with your old number rather than the … Yes. You'll still be on Orange, just with your old number rather than the one Orange have assigned you by default.If the credit doesn't arrive, chase them up until it does. Look up their number on http://www.saynoto0870.com do you don't have to pay extra for the 0845 number rate.

brilliant thank you

xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4492100
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35187
      3. What is there free to do in your town?2442
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2855

See more discussions