Groups

Orange San Fran on Giffgaff?

My wife's contract with Virgin is up soon, she pays £10 per month for 100 mins and 100 texts. From reading around on here the Orange San Francisco seems to be a good value phone, and GiffGaff contracts are also good value. From a brief look at their site £10 gets you 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited Web.

Is there a way for her to keep her current number, buy a San Fran and have a GiffGaff sim? Any tutorials around for unlocking and rooting.

Is GiffGaff a rolling contract, or 12 months? Will the offers change is it's a 30 day contract?

Thanks for any advice

4 Comments

Yeah, you ask for the number to be ported using giffgaff.

Go here for all you need to know about unlocking etc.

It's a rolling contract, you buy a goody bag every month.

It's not a contract at all, it's PAYG - but you CAN buy a goodybag that lasts a month with free minutes,texts and data... after the month is done you're back to PAYG unless you buy another goodybag. I'm a light user so mostly just stay on PAYG, but occassionally buy a goodbag for those times when I know I will use it a lot.

Original Poster

Ok cool, so there's no guarantee the offers will stay the same then

go for it

i did a couple of weeks ago = great value and (for me) great signal etc.

also signed my daughter up and a couple of mates.

go via a referral link of someone who is a giffgaff member as your wife will then get an extra fiver's credit when she activates and does hr first top-up - what i did was top up £20, use the £20 to buy two £10 goodybags torun consecutively and leave the extra £5 credit as a failsafe in case i run out of mins (never gonna happen, don't call that much)

let me know if you need any further info
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share719
      2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710955
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2650
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846379

See more discussions