Groups

Orange San Francisco - Can I put my 3 contract sim in it?

My contract on 3 is due to end in a few months but I am looking at getting the San Francisco now to last me a bit after my contract ends (When I intend to move back to PAYG for a while)
    Will I be okay to put my contract 3 sim into the new phone and use it in there (assuming I unlock it obviously).
    Thanks

5 Comments

It'll work fine, you'll have to find the mms/internet ect setting as the one's on board will for for Orange.

Take a look at the modaco site, all the info is there.

I didn't even have to unlock mine. But, yes - and flash it with the Japanese Jellyfish ROM, and you don't have to put the 3 settings in, either.

Original Poster

(Very much new to android) what does the jellyfish ROM do? I know about rooting it to get rid of all the orange rubbish on it, but what does jellyfish do for me?

hero9989

(Very much new to android) what does the jellyfish ROM do? I know about … (Very much new to android) what does the jellyfish ROM do? I know about rooting it to get rid of all the orange rubbish on it, but what does jellyfish do for me?

Japanese Jellyfish does five things:

1) Gives you Android 2.2, which is a version up from the stock ROM
    2) Performs better - 10% better at Quadrant and 100% better at Linkpack
    3) Removes all the Orange rubbish
    4) It's configured differently, which grants you various advantages, about which you can read in the ROM's thread (just put the words "japanese jellyfish rom" into google, it'll come up)
    5) It comes pre-configured with Three, and probably other network settings too, saving you from needing to enter all that stuff when changing a SIM card

In short, it's something that takes about 30 minutes of reading, downloading, and easy work to get installed, and once it's installed, it makes your phone entirely better. It's rather excellent.

Original Poster

dxx

Japanese Jellyfish does five things:1) Gives you Android 2.2, which is a … Japanese Jellyfish does five things:1) Gives you Android 2.2, which is a version up from the stock ROM2) Performs better - 10% better at Quadrant and 100% better at Linkpack3) Removes all the Orange rubbish4) It's configured differently, which grants you various advantages, about which you can read in the ROM's thread (just put the words "japanese jellyfish rom" into google, it'll come up)5) It comes pre-configured with Three, and probably other network settings too, saving you from needing to enter all that stuff when changing a SIM cardIn short, it's something that takes about 30 minutes of reading, downloading, and easy work to get installed, and once it's installed, it makes your phone entirely better. It's rather excellent.

Ah right, sounds good then, definitely be doing that, just need to get my hands on one now :P
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions