Groups

Orange San Francisco Screen Query

I've ordered a Sanfrancisco mobile from orange. I'm aware of the two screens they've been sold in OLED and TFT. Not being an expert but is there any way if telling which one you have? Is it mentioned anywhere?

16 Comments

Yes go into the settings and look at the rom. If it ends B05 its OLED if its B08 it's TFT.

My OLED San Francisco is faulty and am getting it replaced tomorrow. They better deliver another OLED one or I'm going to be seriously **** off!

P.S. My ROM ends in B01 and is OLED so I guess it's not just B05 ROMs out there on OLED handsets.
    Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 14th Dec 2010

SuperEd

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Yes go into the settings and look at the rom. If it ends B05 its OLED if … Yes go into the settings and look at the rom. If it ends B05 its OLED if its B08 it's TFT.

didnt know this - luckly mines a OLED

oldmanhouse

My OLED San Francisco is faulty and am getting it replaced tomorrow. They … My OLED San Francisco is faulty and am getting it replaced tomorrow. They better deliver another OLED one or I'm going to be seriously **** off!P.S. My ROM ends in B01 and is OLED so I guess it's not just B05 ROMs out there on OLED handsets.

Yours must have been an extra early one. Whats wrong with it? If its a software issue have you done any updates?

Original Poster

I'm expecting the one I ordered to be TFT, so I'm looking to get another one from a shop. Do you think the staff will know what version they're selling?

GAVINLEWISHUKD

where can you see the ROM gavin? i cant see it on mine..Yours must have … where can you see the ROM gavin? i cant see it on mine..Yours must have been an extra early one. Whats wrong with it? If its a software issue have you done any updates?

Original Poster

Just been into an orange store and checked, didn't see anything called rom, though noticed one number ending in B01. Screen looked really dim anyway.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Yours must have been an extra early one. Whats wrong with it? If its a … Yours must have been an extra early one. Whats wrong with it? If its a software issue have you done any updates?

People on the other end of the phone get an earful of static. Seems to be a hardware fault as I've tried other ROMs and it doesn't make a difference. Doesn't seem to be interference from WiFi or anything as it happens everywhere

Orange have no OLED's left. The internal sales system has been changed to read TFT.

Highly doubtful you'll get an OLED, sorry, they can't send you what they don't have. . .

Where is the Rom info??? I have baseband version ending B01 and build number ending B08?

steve1221

Orange have no OLED's left. The internal sales system has been changed to … Orange have no OLED's left. The internal sales system has been changed to read TFT. Highly doubtful you'll get an OLED, sorry, they can't send you what they don't have. . .

Damn

my replacement just arrived and it's an OLED! B05 ROM

Original Poster

nlambert

Where is the Rom info??? I have baseband version ending B01 and build … Where is the Rom info??? I have baseband version ending B01 and build number ending B08?

Can anyone clear up this confusion. Where is the rom info?

mudddy

Can anyone clear up this confusion. Where is the rom info?

its the last entry on the list - the "Build number"

Settings > About phone > Build number

I was incorrectly told the Baseband number identifies which screen it uses. The build number is what you need to look at. B08 means you most probably have a TFT screen.
    Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 16th Dec 2010

Apparently Orange will start shipping the San Francisco with OLED screens again in the new year, when Samsung catch up with their screen orders, Christmas rush has put strain on OLED manufacturing, but things will ease up soon. So might be worth waiting for Orange to re-stock the OLED San Franciscos than buying the current TFT ones, as there is a MASSIVE difference between the screens.

But I have a baseband version that ends wit B01 and Build number says Swedish Spring RLS5 I just don't really think about it. It looks good, performs well, that's all tat matters xD
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!613
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886409
      3. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)77
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …56

See more discussions