Found 25th Sep 2008
I turned on 'Delivery Reports' on my Orange phone about a week ago and have just gone online to check my bill and it says

cost (£)
voice calls 0.030
text messages 3.724
data 0.000
other items 0.000
Total unbilled costs 3.754

I was thinking 'Hold on a minute, I have unlimited texts why have I been charged £3.74*"
*£1 was for international texts for my friend whose on holiday.

So I checked my itemised billing and see about a thousand of these:
25/09/08 13:40 Text - 0.009

Orange are obviously charging me for recieving delivery reports which is pretty scandelous, of course I should have read the terms and conditions so it's my bad.

Just giving people a heads up if they didn't know.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

ive never been charged for delivery reports! are you sure it wasn't multimedia messages or something like that?

good to know, i too have unlimited texts, dont use reports, and certainly wont now

Yes we found that out after my getting our eldest the £10 sim deal, she sent over 500 messgaes in the first month (unlimited free after 7pm) and got charged a delivery report for each of them! I nearly fell over, we have used pretty much all the networks at one time and never been charged a delivery report. Think they should tell you clearly when you sign up myself.

Original Poster

kidcat;3049316

Yes we found that out after my getting our eldest the £10 sim deal, she … Yes we found that out after my getting our eldest the £10 sim deal, she sent over 500 messgaes in the first month (unlimited free after 7pm) and got charged a delivery report for each of them! I nearly fell over, we have used pretty much all the networks at one time and never been charged a delivery report. Think they should tell you clearly when you sign up myself.

Well I use about 3000 a month, so I'm glad I checked.

Yeah me too - Orange do charge! I

Original Poster

It's scandelous really.

they only charge on contracts not p&g though which is odd.

Original Poster

hotukdeals.com/ite…act

I hope that will be possible because I'll be ringing up tomorrow if it is.

Banned

WTF???

I have always used delivery reports I'm sure they used to be free!

T0mm...let me know how u get on so I can rip their throats out

Original Poster

ODB_69;3049757

WTF???I have always used delivery reports I'm sure they used to be … WTF???I have always used delivery reports I'm sure they used to be free!T0mm...let me know how u get on so I can rip their throats out

Have you been charged aswell?

i had this too. cost me 8pounds my first month, turned them off after. went on shop and made them show me where it says about this charge and unfortnalty it does in very small print.

also beware with free mms, dont send more than one media item in a message cos u get charged and dont send to mulitiple people cos also get charged for that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769295
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    3. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128

See more discussions