Groups

Orange Wednesdays

We are going to the pictures tonight - and its about two years since we went...

Do Orange Wednesdays still work?

Do credits on Orange phones expire/what is the minimum credit you can buy (as I will never use it for calls)?

All I need to do is find the sim to shove in the phone or add credit to it if the thing still runs.

13 Comments

i dont get it i have an orange contract phone but i never get sent any codes for the cinema

Original Poster

You used to text them 241 (two for one) and the second person got in free on Wednesdays. Well - for the cost of the text - which was 12p or thereabouts.

edjaned;4066267

i dont get it i have an orange contract phone but i never get sent any … i dont get it i have an orange contract phone but i never get sent any codes for the cinema

just call 241 and follow the instructions to get a code its free

ibiza;4066297

You used to text them 241 (two for one) and the second person got in free … You used to text them 241 (two for one) and the second person got in free on Wednesdays. Well - for the cost of the text - which was 12p or thereabouts.

yeah you can do that but it costs 35p for the text. Free if you call 241 then press option 1 :thumbsup:

ibiza;4066297

You used to text them 241 (two for one) and the second person got in free … You used to text them 241 (two for one) and the second person got in free on Wednesdays. Well - for the cost of the text - which was 12p or thereabouts.

Text "Film" to 241 - bingo. Text costs 35p plus network message i think . . .

Banned

edjaned;4066267

i dont get it i have an orange contract phone but i never get sent any … i dont get it i have an orange contract phone but i never get sent any codes for the cinema

you text the word 'film' to 241 and they send you a code, show this to the people at the cinema and you get one person in for free!

And yes im pretty sure it still works, i went a few weeks before xmas and was all the same

Text FILM to 241 and get your code texted back..........
    I think texts are FREE now........
    EDIT according to the website the text still costs 35p
    but I am sure I was not charged for my last couple........

orange.co.uk/fil…ers

mbgringo;4066310

Text "Film" to 241 - bingo. Text costs 35p plus network message i think . … Text "Film" to 241 - bingo. Text costs 35p plus network message i think . . .

caraluvskittens;4066315

you text the word 'film' to 241 and they send you a code, show this to … you text the word 'film' to 241 and they send you a code, show this to the people at the cinema and you get one person in for free!And yes im pretty sure it still works, i went a few weeks before xmas and was all the same

simon012;4066319

Text FILM to 241 and get your code texted back..........I think texts are … Text FILM to 241 and get your code texted back..........I think texts are FREE now........

noooooo dont text is costs 35p!

call 241 select option 1 and they send you the text free (its a freephone number) :thumbsup:

orange.co.uk/fil…ers

simon012;4066319

Text FILM to 241 and get your code texted back..........I think texts are … Text FILM to 241 and get your code texted back..........I think texts are FREE now........

Nope, still 35p according to ]orange.co.uk still better than paying full price though!! :-D

EDIT. sorry was typing when you posted simon012, i'm too slow!

mbgringo;4066360

Nope, still 35p according to ]orange.co.uk still better than paying full … Nope, still 35p according to ]orange.co.uk still better than paying full price though!! :-DEDIT. sorry was typing when you posted simon012, i'm too slow!

Yes I know already edited:whistling:

Where was it I read it was free now though?
    I have just checked my bill and was def not charged
    for previous 2!
    Best way then is to ring as posted above if it's def free....

EDIT Makes a change it's usually me that's too slow..........

Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

I have found an Orange sim - but its not my old one - and is one I got with a phone I use on Blyk.

It only has 1p credit - but the call worked - but no text has arrived yet.

Is there a minimum balance you need to receive texts, or perhaps would you also need to have registered or used the sim previously.

I guess it could also be there is just a delay in replying - as I am sure in the past it took quite a while one time for the text to arrive.

If you're on orange broadband you can register any non-orange phone too

Original Poster

The text never appeared with the 2 for 1 offer

Any chance of someone calling as its free and sending me a message here with the number which I can text to myself?

(Rep waiting).

Alternately - what is the minimum top up you can put on an Orange PAYG phone?

Original Poster

Got a £5 top up.

Anyone wanting a voucher in the future send me a message and I will call them for you, and forward their text to you - but as advised above you will need to name my number "241" so if they are checking the sender.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Samsung s8 trade in58
      2. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V11
      3. How are Very for pre-orders ?44
      4. Keter 6x4 shed.22

See more discussions