Expired

Orange/T-mobile (EE) locked phones

Found 25th Oct 2012
If I buy a locked T-Mobile phone, can I use my Orange (now EE) sim card in it?
Community Updates
44 Comments
No, they're still run as two separate networks. The phone would have to be sim free or unlocked to work.
Looking at the above link from my Misc post...
My T Mobile sim worked in my locked Orange iPhone.
Cant see why not it wouldnt work the other way around.
steve1221

No, they're still run as two separate networks. The phone would have to … No, they're still run as two separate networks. The phone would have to be sim free or unlocked to work.

WRONG.

All phones sold by either network since the merger (i.e. creation of Everything Everywhere) works on either network. Older phones do not. Older iPhones may do because the unlock status is updated on an Apple database and it is possible that Everything Everywhere has asked Apple to do a mass database update (though I cannot be sure).
steve1221

No, they're still run as two separate networks. The phone would have to … No, they're still run as two separate networks. The phone would have to be sim free or unlocked to work.

WRONG!

I have an iphone 5 which works on orange and t-mobile. It is supposed to be locked on T-mobile
I am looking at buying an iphone5 which is on EE. Currently I have an iphone4 on orange but now showing as EE on the screen. If I request a nano sim from EE as I have a sim only contract, will it work on the new iphone5.. I will appreciate any help with advice. Thanks
I have just bought a htc 8s locked to orange, can i put my tmobile in to work
Just put an EE SIM (micro SIM) into my iPhone 4 locked Orange phone, and it's working a treat (3G though, I think).
I have I phone 4s on t mobile does any1 know if I can run my orange sim n it
I have an iPhone 4S from tmobile and sometimes it shows tmobile in the top left and sometimes it shows EE so I assume all t mobile phones are locked to tmobile & EE
iPhone 3Gs locked to orange won't take a tmob sim
hi i am in the same situation...
how do i find out who locked my t mobile pay as you go handset? t mobile orange or EE
my handset works with t mobile and orange only
T-Mobile locked phones will work with Orange & Virgin sims too, but Orange phones will only take a Orange sim.
Hi. IM getting another iPhone 4s. I have an EE sim (not orange. Not tmobile) I know the phone is not 4g compatible but will I still get 3g if the phone is unlocked. In short will the sim card work in iPhone 4s
Thanks
Yes you can still use the 3g. I sold my Iphone 5 (EE 4G) and put the sim into a really old blackberry and works great. The only thing is I would ring EE to explain you wont be using the 4g any longer and try to pay less- I got a £5 discount- better than nothing.
godfather999

WRONG!I have an iphone 5 which works on orange and t-mobile. It is … WRONG!I have an iphone 5 which works on orange and t-mobile. It is supposed to be locked on T-mobile

Wrong again. Your iPhone 5 is on EE. This is capable of accepting both T-Mobile and Orange Sims. Older phones are locked to the individual provider.
I am looking at getting a I phone 4 as I broken mine it's on ee so looking at comments I can get un locked and any sim will go in it if I get t Mobile my ee sim will go in that to but not orange.
I bought an iPhone 5 locked to Orange off eBay, got an EE SIM card this weekend and topped it up with £10. When I put the SIM in, it said "no service", so I called EE (this morning) and they told me it wouldn't work, boooo!
Xperia m on orange-tmobile won't work wives orange 're Mic'sim will any other network allow me to make calls?
If a Galaxy S4 is locked to Tmobile (EE) can I put and Orange sim in it?
Thanks in advance.
Just bought a iPhone 5s locked to EE was wondering if a Orange SIM card will work in it
It seems that EE is just some sort of umbrella name for the two networks orange and T-mobile,they are actually still two different networks. Wanted to take my daughters phone over she bought from the old Orange shop and went to buy a sim,came up as incorrect sim as stated by other people. The funny thing is that it was bought in an old orange shop and is locked to T-mobile,work that one out if you can. It seems to add to confusion they have been selling each others stock as well !!! Help !

BEST WISHES

STEVE
Will a ee sim work in a tmobile iphone 5?
Today I spoke with an Orange adviser and he confirmed any phone locked to T mobile will work with an Orange sim, since they are using the same EE network
Can I use an Orange sim in an iPhone 4s which is T Mobile. Just a bit confused with previous posts

Thanks
Yes. The operator settings will update themselves allowing the use of either Orange or T-Mobile sims. I have a 3GS and that does the same.
ella123

Today I spoke with an Orange adviser and he confirmed any phone locked to … Today I spoke with an Orange adviser and he confirmed any phone locked to T mobile will work with an Orange sim, since they are using the same EE network

This is not totally correct. New phones will do but not all older phones will. For example. I have an S2 on T-Mobile that will not accept an Orange Sim. I also have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray on Orange that will not accept a T-Mobile Sim.
waltonian

Will a ee sim work in a tmobile iphone 5?

Yes.
This is an old thread but yeah it would work. My iPhone is on Virgin and also works on Orange and T-Mobile. All three are rolled into one network called EE.
h4mza

This is an old thread but yeah it would work. My iPhone is on Virgin and … This is an old thread but yeah it would work. My iPhone is on Virgin and also works on Orange and T-Mobile. All three are rolled into one network called EE.

When you plug the phone into iTunes it updates the Operator settings.
Edited by: "Spirittamer" 12th Feb 2014
Spirittamer

This is not totally correct. New phones will do but not all older phones … This is not totally correct. New phones will do but not all older phones will. For example. I have an S2 on T-Mobile that will not accept an Orange Sim. I also have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray on Orange that will not accept a T-Mobile Sim.

I was just forwarding my conversation, sorry for misleading.
I currently have a Galaxy s4 which I got directly off EE, I'm now using a T-Mobile sim and it works perfectly fine :-)
May depend on how old the Orange sim is, however if it fits into a galaxy s4, s5 or any iphone above a 4 I should imagine it's a relatively new sim, so should work x
I have a Nokia 7110 locked to Orange, a Nokia 6630 locked to Vodafone and a Sony Errikson that seems locked to an EE related network. Is unlocking my only option for these handsets?
It is more likely down to operator settings, especially in newer phones. An old sim can be cut down as micros and nanos and still work.
It depends what you want to do with the phones Oli.
Why won't my EE contract sim won't work in my iPhone 4 do I have to have it unlocked.. To use my EE sim in my iPhone 4 x
Hi
I got an iPhone 5c locked with EE
Can I use an orange sim on it ?
Put new pay n go t mobile sim in Samsung s4 phone that used to be contract (ee) . Accepts sim at 1st but cant seem to send msg or call out!! Is phone blocked? ?
steesh666

Put new pay n go t mobile sim in Samsung s4 phone that used to be … Put new pay n go t mobile sim in Samsung s4 phone that used to be contract (ee) . Accepts sim at 1st but cant seem to send msg or call out!! Is phone blocked? ?

How would we know???

oO
I have got a iPhone 4 that I used to use on orange , can I put my new ee sim in it ? Oh sn will it work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions