Order confirmation questions

Posted 27th Nov
Apologies, I know this must have been asked countless numbers of time but where can I find the regs regarding retailers confirming an order, taking payment, giving tracking number of despatch and then cancelling? Thanks
Community Updates

Groups

9 Comments
Sure someone will tell you where, but general rule is that the item isn't yours until it is delivered. They can cancel at any time even if they have taken payment.
There is one exception that I know of. If the order includes a digital download then delivery of party of the order vomits the sender to send the remainder of the order. This is proved by the Tesco fiasco with the X box one bundle a couple of years (?) ago for about £40. Many people on this site got one or more.
It's entirely down to the contract you've formed with the retailer.
Its in common law not statute law afaik.
Typically, in cases like this a contract is not deemed to have been entered into until successful delivery is made of the items ordered. (hence the reason why you can return goods if they are not as ordered)
So, because a contract has not been formed then the seller (or buyer) can cancel the transaction at ant time up to the point of delivery.
Edited by: "tardytortoise" 27th Nov
That's retailers t&c.
Thanks everyone
It must be allowed because 100s of us were waiting for the iPhones to be delivered and DPD were even local with our parcels when the retailer called DPD back and cancelled all orders
adam_holcombe27/11/2019 13:58

It's entirely down to the contract you've formed with the retailer.

Yes, as long as it is within the confines of the law. They can't have restrictive conditions that remove your rights under regulations or law.
Ringfinger27/11/2019 13:55

Sure someone will tell you where, but general rule is that the item isn't …Sure someone will tell you where, but general rule is that the item isn't yours until it is delivered. They can cancel at any time even if they have taken payment. There is one exception that I know of. If the order includes a digital download then delivery of party of the order vomits the sender to send the remainder of the order. This is proved by the Tesco fiasco with the X box one bundle a couple of years (?) ago for about £40. Many people on this site got one or more.

Party of the order? Vomits the sender? What are you on?
Edited by: "philedsch" 27th Nov
philedsch27/11/2019 21:59

Party of the order? Vomits the sender? What are you on?

Sorry, typo. Part of the order commits.... not on anything, though I wish I was. Just logged on to X box (over an hour ago) and can't find anything to play except pubg - and that's been updating (19gb ffs) since then.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants