Expired

Order with boots.com lost/stolen by Hermes

Found 30th Aug 2014
I made an order over £100 worth with boots.com 2 weeks ago with a delivery date of 21/08. Here's what the tracking says

20/08/2014 09:36 Awaiting Courier Receipt
20/08/2014 04:13 Out For Delivery
19/08/2014 21:26 Receipt at Depot
19/08/2014 03:48 Hub Trailer Via Sorter
18/08/2014 21:33 Order Generated

I have contacted boots who will get back to me. Never had anything but problems with crappy Hermes wherever I've ordered from. I don't understand why the big companies such as ASOS, boots and others continue using the**** poor of an excuse for a courier Hermes when there are so many good courier about such as DPD, Parcelforce, TNT, UPS etc! The last tracking note says 'Awaiting Courier Receipt', was this pinched by one of their drivers?
Community Updates
8 Comments
Banned
do you have the yearly figures for items lost by each company?
I wouldn't worry about it too much at the end of the day the responsibility is on boots to get your goods to you. Yes its annoying that they use crappy couriers but its then up to you to decide to continue using boots if that's whoo they choose to deliver their items but you wont be out of pocket boots will have to send another order out.
Banned
You really call ukmail a a good courier? They only do half a job! Said they tried to deliver my package three time and refused to redeliver, they wanted me to travel 15 miles to there depot to pick it up. Unfortunatly what ukmail didn't know is, I have CCTV all around my property and no ukmail van tried any delivery on any of the days they said. They even tried telling me the colour of my front door, which you can get off of google street maps, but two years previously I had my door replace to different colour. This company is truly shocking!
Original Poster
damo1972

You really call ukmail a a good courier? They only do half a job! Said … You really call ukmail a a good courier? They only do half a job! Said they tried to deliver my package three time and refused to redeliver, they wanted me to travel 15 miles to there depot to pick it up. Unfortunatly what ukmail didn't know is, I have CCTV all around my property and no ukmail van tried any delivery on any of the days they said. They even tried telling me the colour of my front door, which you can get off of google street maps, but two years previously I had my door replace to different colour. This company is truly shocking!

Good point and I'm sure it was them who screwed me about on a delivery last year. The driver logged 2 'false' failed delivereies before bothering to deliver my order last year and then claimed he had no time to deliver on previous day. Another **** poor courier, removed
If you were the sender you can email Hermes - I have a business account and the service is excellent and you dont need the signature option for compensation of min £50.

If you bought from Boots and they used Hermes then Boots are responsible until you confirm receipt. Hassle Boots until they get your order to you - they mess you around then complaint and complaint. End of.
Original Poster
I don't doubt that boots won't resolve this but my question really was, when the status changes to Awaiting Courier Receipt does this mean it's out for delivery? I've seen several Hermes tracking histories online and after Awaiting Courier Receipt the next status is usually delivered.
dhl probably the best but who's going to pay their prices when it's a cut throat market out there..
Out for delivery means its loaded on the van ,this can be the last or second last phase before "delivered" . The van either delivers the item to your address or sometimes delivers to a "sub courier " employed by Hermes who takes delivery of several orders and delivers to the local area. The issue is clearly with Hermes as they acknowledge having the item which has obviously "disappeared " after being scanned as loaded onto the main delivery van and has not been scanned by the local sub courier .
Edited by: "rogparki" 30th Aug 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants