Orderd on evilbay and cancelled-- how to get refund quickly

Found 26th Jan 2009
I ordered something on evil bay buy it now/ paid by paypal and have today decided to cancel the order and informed the seller...He has not even despatched the goods.I asked for refund and this is his reply

""thats fine if you dont want the xxxxxx anymore, but there's small issue the paypal hold the all my funds untill i received the feedbak from buyer so give me favour leave the feed back and then request the refund via paypal its should help to to the refund quickly. otherwise i cant do refund untill money come into my account. . ""

what should i do..

I feel I sould wait rather than issue feedback

cheers

Aj

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
35 Comments

Sloth/Mod

He can still refund the payment back................he's trying it on.

He's wanting you to leave feedback so that when you do go to claim a refund he can claim you left feedback therefore recieved the goods!

Absolute rubbish.
Paypal has nothing to do with the feedback function.
He's clearly just trying to get feedback first before he doesn't send you a refund so that you can't give him a negative.
Report him to ebay.

Logic and common sense says dont add feedback yet.

Otherwise it will be positive and happy and he does not refund says your happy with item.

Say you were not born yesterday and wait for funds to be paid to yourself.

Keep all emails just in case.

I h8 ebay. HUKD to I die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .lol

leave good feedback and it could damage your chances of getting a refund through ebay/paypal. after all, if you say you're happy one minute it'll look odd if you say otherwise later when (if he refuses a refund) you ask ebay/paypal for a refund.
personally, I'd approach ebay yourself, forwarding his request for good feedback, that way they'll see themselves.
p.s. route all your comms with the dealer through the ebay system.
hope you get it sorted.

I also don't know how you would get a refund as I am not sure if your allowed to just 'change your mind' on ebay? Don't you both enter some sort of agreement, maybe worth checking the page for whatever you bought and seeing what his refund policy is?

Why bid if you didnt want the item 100%. You are wasting the sellers time and depriving him/her of a proper sale.
Unless it was a store item, then just ignore me.

yeah, stich him up! he is trying to play you!

Original Poster

many thanks Guys...

cheers

Aj:-D

Banned

munnski;4191869

I also don't know how you would get a refund as I am not sure if your … I also don't know how you would get a refund as I am not sure if your allowed to just 'change your mind' on ebay? Don't you both enter some sort of agreement, maybe worth checking the page for whatever you bought and seeing what his refund policy is?

+1

Original Poster

Hi,

It was a store item on buy it now...

and the listing said...

Most Buy It Now purchases are protected by the Distance Selling Regulations, which allow you to cancel the purchase within seven working days after the day you receive the item. Find out more about your rights as a buyer and exceptions.

I have not even received the item

R

Aj

I think you will find that the seller is telling the truth.
They do hold on to funds until feedback has been received in some cases.
I think it is happening more and more these days.
The seller might genuinely not know how to issue a refund.
I wouldn't be too harsh on him, he might be acting perfectly innocently.

why did you change your mind?

the seller can give you a refund just now, I just think that he doesn't understand how paypal/ eaby works. He also doesn't really have to give you a refund he can just send out the goods and wait the 21 days until the funds clear.

However I'd just want to get the whole thing sorted give you the refund then block you from buying from me again.

aaah its a buy it now so yep you can change your mind but I do think the seller just doesn't understand.

rpoints.com/bb/…275

looks like a few people have encountered this here...

posts taken from the above site :
"hi yes it is true - i sold a nintendo ds the other day and before listing it came in red highlighted warning that paypal was the only method of payment and it would be held until + feedback - it is paypal tightening up - it is only on some auctions that there has been alot of trouble with"

" When I was listing the other day I had a message saying that because of my 'limited transaction history' funds could be held by paypal until the buyer leaves positive feedback.

So, yes it could be true.1
ie ps3 . wii and ds hope this helps thanks"

so might well be telling the truth, what is their current feedback?

Original Poster

Hi,

Since its buy it now ,I suppose I am allowed to change my mind ...:-D

I dont do that usually but this time I just did

If I leave him feedback then how do I reclaim the funds ?

He has over 500 fback

r

Sloth/Mod

Although Paypal hold the funds he CAN still refund it as per normal.

"Since its buy it now ,I suppose I am allowed to change my mind ..."

why are you allowed to change your mind just because its buy it now?

starsparkle2311;4191948

yes, don't be too harsh:roll::p

He could have just refused point blank.
He does seem to be making an effort to help. :thumbsup:

Sloth/Mod

caz1cool;4192014

"Since its buy it now ,I suppose I am allowed to change my mind ..."why … "Since its buy it now ,I suppose I am allowed to change my mind ..."why are you allowed to change your mind just because its buy it now?

eBay Business seller's Store item which allows you to change your mind.

iceblue15;4191839

Absolute rubbish.Paypal has nothing to do with the feedback function.He's … Absolute rubbish.Paypal has nothing to do with the feedback function.He's clearly just trying to get feedback first before he doesn't send you a refund so that you can't give him a negative.Report him to ebay.

Its not rubbish, there is a feature which new users go through. He still can refund though, report him..

PayPal will hold payments in transactions where the vast majority of seller fraud occurs. Here are the most common instances in which a payment may be held:

You have been on eBay less than six months and sell an item above £50
You have a feedback score of less than 98% and sell an item above £50
More than 5% of your transactions result in dissatisfied buyers*
You have an average Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) of 4.5 or less
You have received less than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings
You are listing your item in a higher-risk category

Original Poster

Thats what bay policy states ...

Most Buy It Now purchases are protected by the Distance Selling Regulations, which allow you to cancel the purchase within seven working days after the day you receive the item. Find out more about your rights as a buyer and exceptions.

caz1cool;4192014

"Since its buy it now ,I suppose I am allowed to change my mind ..."why … "Since its buy it now ,I suppose I am allowed to change my mind ..."why are you allowed to change your mind just because its buy it now?

Aj

i would never ask for a refund-i wouldnt like someone to do it to me-he will pay fees on your mistake and relisting fees(I know you can get the final fee refunded but its a pain just cos you changed your mind?)

Syzable;4192030

I've sold stuff with buy it now but I'm not a business.
He only has 500 feeback so he might not be a business, or a very new one.
If he was a business, would they still hold the money.

Syzable;4192030

ah, i see thanks syzable

Original Poster

Ok its a low value item ...

He had listed 10 and I bought one of them the listing is still running so he is not loosing any listing fees...

I have asked him to issue refund deducting his paypal fees ..

lets see..

Aj

ajaymp;4192084

Ok its a low value item ...He had listed 10 and I bought one of them the … Ok its a low value item ...He had listed 10 and I bought one of them the listing is still running so he is not loosing any listing fees...I have asked him to issue refund deducting his paypal fees ..lets see..Aj

There aren't any paypal fees if the seller refunds you.

There are final value fees to pay unless you both agree to cancel the sale.

Ask the seller to refund your payment.and cancel the sale via the dispute console .

If its a multiple listing then the seller hasn't lost out on fees.

Original Poster

Many thanks...rep added.

Aj:-D

deb8z;4192379

There are final value fees to pay unless you both agree to cancel the … There are final value fees to pay unless you both agree to cancel the sale.Ask the seller to refund your payment.and cancel the sale via the dispute console .If its a multiple listing then the seller hasn't lost out on fees.

its not high value its high risk item ie fraud most wanted items ipods ds psp 360's etc
so many ppl copy ppls items photos and sell it as their own they list 10 n run thats why they doing it as they are losing out paypal ..complete **** its their job to police it not us we sell stuff as we need the cash not having to wait 14days for someone to leave feedback and they make the interest on the funds being held nice

Original Poster

Thanxz

rep added..

tinkerbell28;4192780

If I read that right, paypal are policing it by implementing the hold, to … If I read that right, paypal are policing it by implementing the hold, to stop people multi listing and running, it's the only thing they can do at the moment. If you sell you agree to these terms, whilst not perfect something had to be done as all the scams mean higher fees for all :thumbsup:As has been said if it's a multi listing just ask the seller to do a mutual through the dispute console, everyone is happy :thumbsup:

Original Poster

:-D:-D

Thanks to all the ppl who replied...

i got my refund and since the transactions was cancelled seller did not loose any money on pay pal as well as multiple listing means did not cost him ebay fees...

So happy:-D

Aj

:thumbsup:

Good to hear you got your funds back .If the same happens again you can get the seller to open a dispute under mutually agreed not to complete sale and they get any fee's back, Have had to do this a number of time, normally when an american buy's a dvd and hasn't read the description saying please make sure you can play uk region 2 disc's,
Post a comment
@
    Text