Ordered a Jabra Elite Active 75T From Amazon Warehouse

Posted 5th Jun 2020
Hello all,

I'm wondering if someone would be able to shed some light on this and explain how this would have happened (if it can be explained at all).

I ordered a 'Used - Like New' Jabra Elite Active 75T from Amazon Warehouse for £161.11. I waited in yesterday to receive the package. The package finally arrived at around 3pm.

I opened the package to find the following items (2 items in the box):

- ONN iPhone 6/6s/7/8 Ultra Thin Case
- ONN 3350mAh Power Bank with Micro USB Cable

After researching the item's value on Amazon and how this may have actually happened, it became apparent that they're not even sold on the site, they are Asda exclusive so would need to be purchased in-store.

I always purchase items as gift to ensure they package the item in a brown box and also so they place an invoice slip in the box for my reference. This package had no slip in it.

After being on chat to Amazon for over an hour yesterday, the assistants kept instructing me to return the box for a refund. I was not happy to wait that much time for the refund so I was forwarded to a manager who finally agreed to refund me immediately and requested I keep the items sent to me (which is of no value to me anyway as I use a Samsung and the power bank looks useless).

I just don't understand how an item not even sold by Amazon would make it's way into the box? Seeing as it's an Amazon Warehouse item, could it have been that someone returned these items back instead of his/her Jabra earbuds which Amazon didn't check before reselling to me? The label on the box is addressed to me so I did not pick up someone else's parcel. The package was packaged with brown paper to protect the items which makes it even more odd.

Many thanks in advance for all your input. I am intrigued to hear what people's thoughts and theories are.

Photo of what I received is below.

Hassan

3478772.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Weird I ordered the power bank and a case for my iPhone but received a jabra elite active 75t instead...
8 Comments
I would have just returned it for a refund. It's bizarre.
Weird I ordered the power bank and a case for my iPhone but received a jabra elite active 75t instead...
Haircut_10005/06/2020 12:15

I would have just returned it for a refund. It's bizarre.

The issue was the items I received was not even an Amazon item. Knowing them, they would have refused to refund me after seeing the package contents at the fulfillment centre, not acknowledging what I had informed them earlier. Didn't want to risk that scenario seeing as its quite a bit of money involved
-Will-05/06/2020 12:21

Weird I ordered the power bank and a case for my iPhone but received a …Weird I ordered the power bank and a case for my iPhone but received a jabra elite active 75t instead...

Hahaha one man's loss is another man's gain and all
[quote]I just don't understand how an item not even sold by Amazon would make it's way into the box? Seeing as it's an Amazon Warehouse item, could it have been that someone returned these items back instead of his/her Jabra earbuds which Amazon didn't check before reselling to me?[/quote]

That would be my assumption and I've received a few Warehouse items that certainly weren't checked before dispatch with items either missing or in terrible condition despite being sold as in like new or very good condition.
Johnmcl705/06/2020 12:39

[quote]I just don't understand how an item not even sold by Amazon would …[quote]I just don't understand how an item not even sold by Amazon would make it's way into the box? Seeing as it's an Amazon Warehouse item, could it have been that someone returned these items back instead of his/her Jabra earbuds which Amazon didn't check before reselling to me?[/quote]That would be my assumption and I've received a few Warehouse items that certainly weren't checked before dispatch with items either missing or in terrible condition despite being sold as in like new or very good condition.

It's a concerning thought. I buy most of my stuff off Amazon Warehouse where possible. It's definitely made me think twice now. I do regret not asking the manager on his opinion about how this would have happened as I'm sure he would have had an idea
Although I've had issues with the warehouse items I've always found Amazon quick to sort them out although I've bought a lot less from them recently since their discounts aren't as good as they used to be.
Are you quite sure OP that it was an Amazon package? The one picture you didn't post is that outer packaging which of course you should keep as evidence. IIRC there's even a barcode somewhere on the outer packaging which will help Amazon analyse the problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text