Ordered a projector from Amazon - box looks tampered?

Ordered a projector from amazon a few days ago and my wife was at home to receive the parcel this morning. She called me up to let me know its arrived, told her to open it up if she wants.

Get a phone call 5 mins later, saying the projector isnt in the box, only the mounting kit which i also purchased. Told her to check the invoice and it states that both the projector and mount should be included. Told her i'll sort it out when i get home in the evening.

Get another call a little while later, shes been investigating the box and finds that it may have been tampered with, on the bottom of the box she can see the old sticky tapes been cut and a new tape been put on top.

Quite pissed off at the moment, as its friday and have been looking foward to setting it up over the weekend.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar situation either with Amazon or any other retailers in general. Will be calling them up when i get home.

13 Comments

It will be the postmen - robbin gits !!

Who delivered the parcel?

Royal mail only deliver small boxes and packets for amazon.

Original Poster

It was a courier, forgotten which one she said and cant access e-mail/amazon from work to confirm

Problem will occur that if sent by courier which it should have been given the value that when signed for the goods ideally you should open the box and ensure everything is there and in suitable condition.

However, amazon do have a good CS, Ive had a few items sent with those stupid fold in/fold out boxes and thus you cant see if theyve been tampered with and sent via standard post and they have been empty!

When you can get hold of amazon and get them to confirm they were sent together, and then tell them what happened.

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;7623685

Problem will occur that if sent by courier which it should have been … Problem will occur that if sent by courier which it should have been given the value that when signed for the goods ideally you should open the box and ensure everything is there and in suitable condition.However, amazon do have a good CS, Ive had a few items sent with those stupid fold in/fold out boxes and thus you cant see if theyve been tampered with and sent via standard post and they have been empty!When you can get hold of amazon and get them to confirm they were sent together, and then tell them what happened.

thanks, congrats on your 10k post :thumbsup:

djaliboy;7623701

thanks, congrats on your 10k post :thumbsup:

wahey didnt even notice! Cheers :-D

awoodhall2003;7623685

Problem will occur that if sent by courier which it should have been … Problem will occur that if sent by courier which it should have been given the value that when signed for the goods ideally you should open the box and ensure everything is there and in suitable condition.

Yer i read in another thread a while ago, that you were supposed to check the contents before signing, as when you sign its ackknowledgement that the parcel is fine.

winifer;7623713

Yer i read in another thread a while ago, that you were supposed to check … Yer i read in another thread a while ago, that you were supposed to check the contents before signing, as when you sign its ackknowledgement that the parcel is fine.

yep thats it. in the terms and conditions. it sucks, as even as a legal student myself, and with knowledge of this i hardly ever do. For example my last major delivery was two boxes full of PC parts, I doubt for a minute the courier would have waited for me to open both boxes, find the invoices, then check every item was present...although obviously i should have.

Original Poster

Can confirm that it was sent via citylink, the missus has checked the terms and condition and nothing states that we were supposed to check contents before signing. Probably will from now on i guess :x

djaliboy;7623757

Can confirm that it was sent via citylink, the missus has checked the … Can confirm that it was sent via citylink, the missus has checked the terms and condition and nothing states that we were supposed to check contents before signing. Probably will from now on i guess :x

I bet you will find it somewhere though, sorry to say, but I have never heard of a courier that is different. But would love to be proved wrong! :thumbsup:
Either way I hope you can sort this out without detriment asap.

Dosent matter whats in the couriers terms and conditions, Amazon paid for the delivery so they have the contract, nothing to do with the receiver.

The item could have been sent back to Amazon like that and they didnt check when it was returned and sent it out again

You can sign and comment stating contents not checked on most courier forms and this lets you have a little more leway should this go wrong.

deanos;7623989

Dosent matter whats in the couriers terms and conditions, Amazon paid for … Dosent matter whats in the couriers terms and conditions, Amazon paid for the delivery so they have the contract, nothing to do with the receiver.The item could have been sent back to Amazon like that and they didnt check when it was returned and sent it out again

Yes but it is booked on your behalf as well though as you are paying for the overall service. Otherwise you could say that you could accept the parcel and not sign for it as your not 'contracted' with the courier to do so...id love to see that.

hotdealing;7623999

You can sign and comment stating contents not checked on most courier … You can sign and comment stating contents not checked on most courier forms and this lets you have a little more leway should this go wrong.

Yeah but many, especially with a lot now using the electronic signatures you cant change it thus i suppose you have to ask, thus most wont...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
    2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
    4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions