Ordered iPhone from Amazon, no phone in the box, they won't provide a refund or replacement, what can I do?

Found 26th Jun 2016
Hi, two weeks ago on the 11th of June, I placed an order on Amazon for some items, including a new £600 iPhone 6s Plus sold by and fulfilled by Amazon. The first order arrived on Sunday the 12th, everything was fine. The iPhone arrived on the Monday, I opened the box late night. The Amazon box that it was delivered in seemed to be intact but it was one of the boxes that are able to be opened from the side flaps without tearing or damaging the box. I slid out the iPhone box; the box looked worn and used, it wasn't sealed and had been torn, it had obviously been used and tampered with. On the back of the box, there is a sticker stating "Refurbished - Grade A" which is very odd because I purchased a brand new phone? I opened the lid of the box and there was no phone inside, the accessories (manual, charging adapter, earphones) were all inside but no phone. I contacted Amazon immediately via live chat and the chat agent told me that they'd launch an investigation and update me in 48 hours. I received an email 48 hours later telling me that they had concluded their investigation and decided that the shipment was delivered to me in good condition. Long story short, I have been contacting Amazon for the past 2 weeks, on the phone to them every day but they have been no help at all, after every phone call ends they send me the same email telling me that the fulfillment center and the driver confirm that the package was intact. They told me they won't take further action without a police report, so I contacted police and they say they cannot offer me a crime report because they don't know where the phone was lost/stolen. I've emailed Amazon several times, with attached images of the boxes and telling them that I'm not going to bend over backwards for them and allow them to take my money. £600 is a lot of money, there is no way I'm paying that for a cardboard box and some earphones. What can I do? All help would be really appreciated, thanks.
Community Updates
102 Comments
try calling bank or credit card company if you ordered it on one
did u pay by credit card? contact them , tell them you didn't receive the phone .
richmond

did u pay by credit card? contact them , tell them you didn't receive the … did u pay by credit card? contact them , tell them you didn't receive the phone .

It was a debit card I used
whoops , davver99 was 1st , and right .
contact your bank , must be a visa , MasterCard .
richmond

contact your bank , must be a visa , MasterCard .

I will contact the bank but I don't imagine there is much they can do since it was a debit card
check the imei on the box.
Backbreaker79

check the imei on the box.

The imei number is on the box underneath the refurbished sticker, I'm scared to remove the sticker incase they say I've tampered the box
You can do a charge back on your debit card. Amazon will probably end up blocking you as a future customer too.
DAMNOME

You can do a charge back on your debit card. Amazon will probably end up … You can do a charge back on your debit card. Amazon will probably end up blocking you as a future customer too.

I will contact Barclays tomorrow
Can you not open dispute? Not as described, refurb instead of brand new as well as missing phone.
leeanna

Can you not open dispute? Not as described, refurb instead of brand new … Can you not open dispute? Not as described, refurb instead of brand new as well as missing phone.

I've tried but they just shut me down, sending me the same email again and again :(:
"We've confirmed the Apple iPhone 6S Plus 16 GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Silver from order #202-*********** was in the box given to Amazon Logistics at the time it left our fulfilment centre.

Amazon Logistics delivered the intact box to you, as confirmed by your signature on 13 June 2016. The driver did not note any evidence of the package being tampered with and handed it to you when your signature was obtained. Therefore, we will not be refunding or replacing this item.
SilenceOfTheBirds

I will contact the bank but I don't imagine there is much they can do … I will contact the bank but I don't imagine there is much they can do since it was a debit card

I have a debit card and it says Visa Debit, and it would be covered, and i would be able to get my bank to refund me, and claim the money back from Amazon.

Check if it says this on your card.
allowed

I have a debit card and it says Visa Debit, and it would be covered, and … I have a debit card and it says Visa Debit, and it would be covered, and i would be able to get my bank to refund me, and claim the money back from Amazon.Check if it says this on your card.

What shall I check for? And whereabouts on the card?
SilenceOfTheBirds

What shall I check for? And whereabouts on the card?

Everywhere, mine says it on the front.
allowed

Everywhere, mine says it on the front.

It's a Barclays Visa Debit
Yes, you should be covered.
allowed

Yes, you should be covered.

Okay thanks, I'll ring the bank tomorrow hopefully.
barclays.co.uk/Cur…850

If you’ve bought online and the goods are not as described or don’t turn up at all, we may be able to help through the disputes service.
You need to send a letter to your bank's branch manager asking for a Visa chargeback. Moneysavingexperts have a template letter that can be modified.
You may also want to ask Amazon what was the weight of the phone when they sent it to you.
Edited by: "zworld" 26th Jun 2016
allowed

http://www.barclays.co.uk/CurrentAccounts/Debitcards/P1242558353850If … http://www.barclays.co.uk/CurrentAccounts/Debitcards/P1242558353850If you’ve bought online and the goods are not as described or don’t turn up at all, we may be able to help through the disputes service.

Thanks a lot, feeling a lot more hopeful now really can't afford to lose £600
zworld

You need to send a letter to your bank's branch manager asking for a Visa … You need to send a letter to your bank's branch manager asking for a Visa chargeback. Moneysavingexperts have a template letter that can be modified.You may also want to ask Amazon what was the weight of the phone when they sent it to you.

That's a good idea, I'll ask amazon now though I doubt they'll reply with the answer since they send me the same email over and over again every time I ask a question.
SilenceOfTheBirds

That's a good idea, I'll ask amazon now though I doubt they'll reply with … That's a good idea, I'll ask amazon now though I doubt they'll reply with the answer since they send me the same email over and over again every time I ask a question.

Reason why they are so funny at the moment.

dailystar.co.uk/tec…zon

Barclays should be able to help you silence.I am with barclays visa debit and they refunded me for a item i ordered on ebay and i stupidly called the company and paid with my card on the phone needless to say i never received the said item.I then contacted barclays and told them the situation and they sent me some paperwork to fill out and send back to them and i received a refund in my account around 2 weeks after.
Have you sent them pics of the refurb box etc?
luckyl00

Barclays should be able to help you silence.I am with barclays visa debit … Barclays should be able to help you silence.I am with barclays visa debit and they refunded me for a item i ordered on ebay and i stupidly called the company and paid with my card on the phone needless to say i never received the said item.I then contacted barclays and told them the situation and they sent me some paperwork to fill out and send back to them and i received a refund in my account around 2 weeks after.

That's really reassuring
dcx_badass

Have you sent them pics of the refurb box etc?

Yes but they refuse to provide me any information.
SilenceOfTheBirds

Yes but they refuse to provide me any information.

Then email dgurr[at]amazon*dot*com
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 26th Jun 2016
dcx_badass

Then email dgurr[at]amazon*dot*com

Who is that? What shall I send?
well next time I order from amazon I will be checking my goods infront of the driver before I sign good luck op
mercslkman

well next time I order from amazon I will be checking my goods infront of … well next time I order from amazon I will be checking my goods infront of the driver before I sign good luck op

Thank you and yeah If I order from amazon again, I will be doing the same
SilenceOfTheBirds

Thank you and yeah If I order from amazon again, I will be doing the same

my heart goes out to you pal hate that happening to decent people
mercslkman

my heart goes out to you pal hate that happening to decent people

Thanks mate, hopefully it will be sorted soon
leeanna

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=b-9590Not sure if you contact CEO Amazon … http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=b-9590Not sure if you contact CEO Amazon UK.

Ah okay, I'll send him an email now.
I bought a Samsung s6 edge plus at xmas and it was an just an s6 in the box,they sent out a replacement right away
was this sold by amazon?? didn't think amazon sold iphone
ancav111

was this sold by amazon?? didn't think amazon sold iphone

Yes it was sold by Amazon
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
If it's a Visa debit card your bank will contact visa and visa will open a fraud claim for you, I've had to do it in the past with Groupon.
I know it's no consolation but I got scammed by Ali express and since then I always but with a credit card, loads more protection
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants