Expired

Ordered via DPD - Leaving a note?

Found 19th Mar 2014
So I've ordered something but it's coming via DPD. Unfortunatley, I haven't been given my time slot yet for delivery and afraid I might be out due to an appointment. Would I be able to leave a signed and dated note specifying where to leave the parcel? I.e safe place or neighbors?

Alternatively, how long is it before you get a designated time?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Banned

DPD are rated the highest courier service in my book, they give you a one hour timed slot usually on the morning of delivery,and also text you with the same info if the company you have ordered from have your mobile number,and also give you the option to track the driver in most cases.

But they'll usually try a neighbour anyway,could leave them a note advising so, they'd rather get a delivery to a person rather than leaving it somewhere, unlike some other couriers *cough - yodel - cough*

DPD are definitely great. 1hr time slot as mentioned I got it via email and text message in the morning of when its supposed to be delivered. and If I remember once you get the message you can log on to the website and leave a message that leave with a neighbour etc.

Once they did say that they are running behind schedule due to accidents on the roads so kept me informed all the way. it still got to me in the original time slot

oh and you can see your driver on the map too.

I am very impressed with DPD

Well looking at my last DPD delivery I got an email at 6:22am stating my delivery slot was between 10:00am and 11:00am. It came 10:07am.

For me DPD and UPS are the most reliable. Also retired Bill who sometimes brings me Yodel deliveries on the weekends when the Yodel guys fail to get everything delivered.

Original Poster

dbhoy

DPD are rated the highest courier service in my book, they give you a one … DPD are rated the highest courier service in my book, they give you a one hour timed slot usually on the morning of delivery,and also text you with the same info if the company you have ordered from have your mobile number,and also give you the option to track the driver in most cases.But they'll usually try a neighbour anyway,could leave them a note advising so, they'd rather get a delivery to a person rather than leaving it somewhere, unlike some other couriers *cough - yodel - cough*

Yodel are the worst, but then again Royal Mail can be. That dreaded red card. I'm sure they sit in a van at the end of the street with binoculars and post it 5 minutes after you go out. I suppose you could be this guy though:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Royal-Mail-delivery-card-.jpg

Thanks for all the replies also. I'll probably just leave a note or wait until the day. Is there a period when you get a timeslot where you can change where to leave it?

Banned

M0nk3h

Yodel are the worst, but then again Royal Mail can be. That dreaded red … Yodel are the worst, but then again Royal Mail can be. That dreaded red card. I'm sure they sit in a van at the end of the street with binoculars and post it 5 minutes after you go out. I suppose you could be this guy though:Thanks for all the replies also. I'll probably just leave a note or wait until the day. Is there a period when you get a timeslot where you can change where to leave it?

Hate yodel with a passion, last order involving them they tried my neighbour and left the card in their letterbox, but then delivered the item up the street, while I was in waiting for said delivery, no attempt to actually deliver to the recipient, incompetent doesn't even come close to describing yodel drivers.

Once you get the DPD email it'll give you the option to change delivery day or deliver to another address if I remember correctly.
Edited by: "dbhoy" 19th Mar 2014

M0nk3h

Agree about Royal Mail. I was in the house once, heard something come … Agree about Royal Mail. I was in the house once, heard something come through my letterbox (little red card), rushed straight out just as guy pulled away. They didn't even knock on my door.Yodel are the worst, but then again Royal Mail can be. That dreaded red card. I'm sure they sit in a van at the end of the street with binoculars and post it 5 minutes after you go out. I suppose you could be this guy though:Thanks for all the replies also. I'll probably just leave a note or wait until the day. Is there a period when you get a timeslot where you can change where to leave it?

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions