Ordering a 12 month O2 SIMO deal - asks for driver's license, passport number

Found 23rd Oct 2012
Hi Quick question, not sure if this is routine for fraud checks but im trying to order a SIM only deal and its asking for additional information including driver's license and passport number. Is this really necessary?
Community Updates
MiscO2Sim Only
12 Comments
Seems odd - who with?
You'll be traceable DON'T do it (_;)
Its with O2
superspeedy

Its with O2

If its direct from them I don't see a problem.
I had to give these details when applying for credit with scan. I think it might be just so it verifies you are who you say you are maybe.
i did same but still got refused with Vodafone!

don't get why they asked for it...

than told me that i should improve my credit via experian so why ask for my ID!!!
Agent-006

i did same but still got refused with Vodafone!don't get why they asked … i did same but still got refused with Vodafone!don't get why they asked for it...than told me that i should improve my credit via experian so why ask for my ID!!!

What The Hell I just got rejected too...this is stupid my credit score is quite good aswell. I dont get it and I've been with O2 before
Never had that issue but if you're 100% sure the info is being requested by O2 then I don't see there being any problems.
I think they are coming across so much fraud that they have possibly upped the security.
superspeedy

What The Hell I just got rejected too...this is stupid my credit score is … What The Hell I just got rejected too...this is stupid my credit score is quite good aswell. I dont get it and I've been with O2 before

Look at giff gaff, they run on the O2 network (so you get the O2 coverage) and you buy monthly packages which give you mins, texts & data just like on a contract. It won't be too much more expensive than the simo deal & offers good value.
sickly sweet

Never had that issue but if you're 100% sure the info is being requested … Never had that issue but if you're 100% sure the info is being requested by O2 then I don't see there being any problems.I think they are coming across so much fraud that they have possibly upped the security.

i don't mind any company asking for id but than to refuse after that makes no sense to me unless im missing something?

i believe all companies to a credit check via credit agencies and if further verification is needed than id is fine but to do a credit check than still ask and than refuse!

whats the point!
If you were to do a credit check with no ID, you could pretent to be anyone and screw up their rating.
By providing ID your proving who you are, which then allows the credit provider to safely rank your eligibility for credit.

I'd rather provide ID to a supplier I trust than to have others I don't provide credit in my name without it.
Oneday77

If you were to do a credit check with no ID, you could pretent to be … If you were to do a credit check with no ID, you could pretent to be anyone and screw up their rating. By providing ID your proving who you are, which then allows the credit provider to safely rank your eligibility for credit.I'd rather provide ID to a supplier I trust than to have others I don't provide credit in my name without it.

cool makes sense cheers!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants