Expired

Ordering from Amazon.es

Found 16th May 2014
I'm sorry if this has been asked before; I have done a number of Google searches and couldn't find anything...

I'm after ordering a pair of headphones; they're currently £249 on Amazon UK, however they are 241 Euros on Amazon.es, which works out at a little over £197.

Just after some advice - will I face any additional charges, other than the delivery fee through Amazon? And would you recommend using Amazon's currency converter or not? Anything else I should look out for?

Any advice from those who have ordered from Amazon in Europe before would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

6 Comments

No you won't pay any tax as it is an EU country. You'll just pay shipping.

There shouldn't be any import VAT to pay.

As for their currency converter, that depends on what your bank charges to do the conversion. In my experience, it was cheaper for my bank to charge me than using their converter.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 16th May 2014

Also if it's in stock in the UK chances are it'll be dispatched from a UK warehouse anyway. That has happened on the last few purchases I've made from .it, .de and .es (including some headphones from .es). They'll still charge you the foreign shipping rate though...
Edited by: "IndianaBlues" 16th May 2014

Original Poster

IndianaBlues

Also if it's in stock in the UK chances are it'll be dispatched from a UK … Also if it's in stock in the UK chances are it'll be dispatched from a UK warehouse anyway. That has happened on the last few purchases I've made from .it, .de and .es (including some headphones from .es). They'll still charge you the foreign shipping rate though...

Ah, interesting. Thanks for that. Hopefully that's the case with my order.

Just done some working out, and it costs a whole 20p less for my bank to charge me than use thier converter, but every little helps!

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Do it a lot for Lego, usually ships from a UK warehouse, very quickly, very odd! no worries there.

Quite possibly a stupid question, assuming Amazon don't shop from the UK and you have bought something that needs mains power, would what you order come with UK plugs? What do you do, just buy EU->UK converters?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions