Ordering Large Items from Amazon

So I'm looking at getting a 50" Plasma from Amazon. I've looked at the delivery page, and it says that for large items they offer scheduled delivery.

However, this option isn't available, but super saver and standard are.

My question is, I'm in on Friday afternoon, Monday and Tuesday, so will the item be delivered by then if I order today, and also how will they contact me to arrange delivery?

Thanks.

4 Comments

You can track your order through your amazon account if it comes direct from them.They will put delivery details and a courier ref in there. If it's from a marketplace seller, it may not be trackable. I ordered LBP2 two weeks ago from a seller and it hasn't arrived yet !!

I ordered the lg 42" plasma last week on super aver delivery, and I got it the next day, even though approximate delivery time on site was 5-7 days

ive ordered abt 4 tellies from amazon (for friends/family and myself) always used supersaver delivery and bought direct from amazon who use citilink. once the telly was delivered at 11.15pm. the courier said the light was on and thats why he knocked, else he wouldve returned the next day! my deliveries took about 5days to arrive though. cant you get a neighbour to take it in?

Original Poster

I'm moving to a new apartment, so don't know my neighbours yet... I'm not sure whether the concierge would sign for something that big or not =/

I guess if I could trace the citilink delivery it should be ok... might look around for places offering a named day, though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020
    2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1536
    3. word association Game72944192
    4. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277963

See more discussions