Groups

Ordering Sky HD for Parents (New Customers); any advice?

My parents want Sky Arts so Im ordering them a Sky package.
    Since Topcashback are offering £95 for new customers that take the HD box with a HD subscription and Sky give free installation for HD boxes it makes sense to go for that.
    Does anyone have any codes or refer a friend deals that can come close to that or beat it?
    £95 is a lot to lose if the cahsback fails which is why Im exploring others options.
    TCB quote a 94% tracking reliability with 71% of manual claims being successful so maybe its not much of a risk after all! That equates to an over 98% success rate if those figures are meaningful.

15 Comments

what about quidco?

Original Poster

superskilly;8588488

what about quidco?

£95, same as TCB.

I may have a code for you to use. Will have to make sure it hasn't expired.

It's basically half price Sky HD , Free HD Box, and free installation for 12 months.

Before the mods get all, expire-happy I want to state that I don't benefit any way by giving you this code.

sky's own deal (if you refer) 6months HD free for you and for your friend (parents) - potentially 120quid of benefit

mr.potato_head;8588575

I may have a code for you to use. Will have to make sure it hasn't … I may have a code for you to use. Will have to make sure it hasn't expired. It's basically half price Sky HD , Free HD Box, and free installation for 12 months.Before the mods get all, expire-happy I want to state that I don't benefit any way by giving you this code.

i am looking for a code if you have a spare one :-D

Original Poster

mr.potato_head;8588575

I may have a code for you to use. Will have to make sure it hasn't … I may have a code for you to use. Will have to make sure it hasn't expired. It's basically half price Sky HD , Free HD Box, and free installation for 12 months.

Thanks. It’s only a £60 saving whereas Cashback + M&S voucher = £120 so it’s tempting to risk the cashback.
    Someone has already given me a refer a friend code for that deal so I’ll try phoning and haggling unless anybody has other options?

Agharta;8588666

Thanks. It’s only a £60 saving whereas Cashback + M&S voucher = £120 so i … Thanks. It’s only a £60 saving whereas Cashback + M&S voucher = £120 so it’s tempting to risk the cashback.Someone has already given me a refer a friend code for that deal so I’ll try phoning and haggling unless anybody has other options?

Are you only getting a few channels? If so I would stick the tcb if not and you want all channels then I belive the code I have lets you have it all for £24 a month.

Original Poster

mr.potato_head;8589173

Are you only getting a few channels? If so I would rick the tcb if not … Are you only getting a few channels? If so I would rick the tcb if not and you want all channels then I belive the code I have lets you have it all for £24 a month.

The deal I’m looking at costs a net £20 pcm for the first year after cashback etc and includes the HD pack and 3 entertainment packs with free install and box.
    If I can get them Movies as well for £24 pcm including free installation and box they may well go for that.
    It will need to be a genuine consumer deal and not one of those deals that you see listed here sometimes that aren’t intended for the general public.

If you send me a PM with the details I’ll see what Sky say when I phone them in the next 24 hours or so. Cheers

if Agharta doesn't want the code do i get first refusal ?:oops:

Got 2 spare vouchers for anyone interested.
    You get:
    Six months free Sky HD subscription
    Free HD Box, and
    free installation.

Any takers???

Original Poster

mr.potato_head;8589173

Are you only getting a few channels? If so I would stick the tcb if not … Are you only getting a few channels? If so I would stick the tcb if not and you want all channels then I belive the code I have lets you have it all for £24 a month.

Just spoke with my parents and they went for the 3 entertainment packs + Movie Pack for £23 a month; it was £29 for the full package.
    I just got off the phone with Sky and my parents are really chuffed. Thanks very much.

Your inbox is full as I just tried sending you a PM.

pjas;8588656

i am looking for a code if you have a spare one :-D

pjas;8589355

if Agharta doesn't want the code do i get first refusal ?:oops:

Quit begging. I will send you one tomorrow.

mr.potato_head;8590779

Quit begging. I will send you one tomorrow.

cheers m8 ( if you don't ask you don't get ) :thumbsup:

So did you get the TCB in your name even though you're ordering sky for your parents?

Original Poster

mrsmaido;8591286

So did you get the TCB in your name even though you're ordering sky for … So did you get the TCB in your name even though you're ordering sky for your parents?

No TCB as it was a phone deal; much better than TCB, read above. :thinking:
    You aren’t supposed to buy things in someone else’s name with TCB and no point really as they can open a free account.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1931
      2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2121027
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7281384
      4. word association Game74044580

See more discussions