Expired

Organising a Stag Do - Need Some Ideas

Found 19th Apr 2013
Hi All
I'm best man and have organised a stag do in Manchester in May. There are 16 of us going and not everybody knows each other.

Does anybody have any suggestions of good things I can do to break the ice? We will be together as a group from 9am on the Saturday morning until the following day.

We are going paintballing in the afternoon and out around Manchester at night. We are not doing any fancy dress at night as I've heard it can be tricky getting into places in Manchester as a large group. I have thought about dressing the stag up in the day. Does anybody have any ideas of some funny costumes? Not too risque as we are traveling on the train.

Thanks
Community Updates
57 Comments
IDEA 1: not have it in Manchester
ewwaxo

IDEA 1: not have it in Manchester

Idea 2.

Don't talk through your ar5e.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Pre…tml
Manchester has an amazing night life. You just need to check what clubs/bars do accept big groups.
deeky

Idea 2.Don't talk through your … Idea 2.Don't talk through your ar5e.http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/PressCenter-i4889-c1-Press_Releases.html

Therefore have it in Liverpool - eh?
Thank's guys, the destination is set so lets not debate that, it's meant to be a pretty decent night as long as we've careful as a large group hence no fancy dress at night.

I've thought of doing a stag do survival kit, like a mini goody bag for everyone and something separate for the groom, like a pack of chewing gum, some ear plugs, an alka-seltzer, a sachet of coffee, the address of the hotel any other ideas on that front?
dave_lunt2

Thank's guys, the destination is set so lets not debate that, it's meant … Thank's guys, the destination is set so lets not debate that, it's meant to be a pretty decent night as long as we've careful as a large group hence no fancy dress at night.I've thought of doing a stag do survival kit, like a mini goody bag for everyone and something separate for the groom, like a pack of chewing gum, some ear plugs, an alka-seltzer, a sachet of coffee, the address of the hotel any other ideas on that front?

Is it a stag do or a hen night? How about some lip gloss and panty liners just-in-case
MayingPrantis

Is it a stag do or a hen night? How about some lip gloss and panty liners … Is it a stag do or a hen night? How about some lip gloss and panty liners just-in-case

Just trying to think of something different!
dave_lunt2

Thank's guys, the destination is set so lets not debate that, it's meant … Thank's guys, the destination is set so lets not debate that, it's meant to be a pretty decent night as long as we've careful as a large group hence no fancy dress at night.I've thought of doing a stag do survival kit, like a mini goody bag for everyone and something separate for the groom, like a pack of chewing gum, some ear plugs, an alka-seltzer, a sachet of coffee, the address of the hotel any other ideas on that front?

Each to their own but that is very girly sounding to me.
dave_lunt2

Just trying to think of something different!

I know, I just thought: stag night = drunk men, shouting, fighting, sweating = NOT caring about tomorrow.
But then not being a bloke, what would I know.
Mark2111

Each to their own but that is very girly sounding to me.

You want the lip-gloss don't ya.
deeky

Idea 2.Don't talk through your … Idea 2.Don't talk through your ar5e.http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/PressCenter-i4889-c1-Press_Releases.html

Hit a nerve there eh X)
Dave, I thought about it, if you get your guys walking the streets of Manchester with a goody bag, do take a pic
Rather than fancy dress, t shirts seem to be popular with the youngsters on stag Do's

google.co.uk/sea…ari
Okay perhaps that's not the way forward then
Mark2111

Rather than fancy dress, t shirts seem to be popular with the youngsters … Rather than fancy dress, t shirts seem to be popular with the youngsters on stag Do'shttps://www.google.co.uk/search?q=stag+do+t+shirts&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#q=stag+do+t+shirts&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=bylxUeu5LMSJONvBgYAN&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAA&num=20&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.&bvm=bv.45373924,d.ZGU&fp=d76f4f82f8bb4044&biw=1024&bih=672

That's the badger.
I'm going to a stag do next month in Bournemouth.

I've no idea why, everyone I speak to says it's the place people go to retire.

Sounds brilliant.
A booze bus that serves drinks onboard, stops off at a few pubs and includes a meal would be a good idea. I went on one for a joint stag and hen do and it was a laugh.
I though about t-shirts but don't really want to ask everyone for more money and spend the effort chasing it, I thought about just dressing the stag up like as a woman, baby, only gay in the village etc for the duration of the day until we go out at night
OP get a few of these

[img]encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZ_w1NuclQTt56vV-QKmEe23Fq7iaX7MWuDbBO3sodl7jaNn1g[/img]
steve01980

I'm going to a stag do next month in Bournemouth.I've no idea why, … I'm going to a stag do next month in Bournemouth.I've no idea why, everyone I speak to says it's the place people go to retire.Sounds brilliant.

I'll wave if I see you And by the way, the elderly are indoors, the students are out everywhere in Bmth, very lively.
Edited by: "MayingPrantis" 19th Apr 2013
Anybody ever worn or been out with somebody in a morphsuit? Is this another silly idea?

http://www.fancydressloon.co.uk/uploaded/large/tux2.jpg
We made our stag go paint balling in a luminous orange morph suit. It was hilarious and made him a huge target. Good idea.
dave_lunt2

Anybody ever worn or been out with somebody in a morphsuit? Is this … Anybody ever worn or been out with somebody in a morphsuit? Is this another silly idea?

Hm I thought you wanted something different?
The best I've seen recently was a whole group dressed as gorillas, they cleared the area in no time.
http://scienceblogs.com/omnibrain/wp-content/blogs.dir/469/files/2012/04/i-54e694c2fa80c51ae3f1521563a778ec-ba_gorillas_191.jpg
Don't go canal street dressed up.

And if you do go, go in groups of 3 or 4 guys up to the door, otherwise you're going to be turned away, very strict horrible door policies on canal street these days. Especially don't like stag or hen parties.
olympians

Don't go canal street dressed up.And if you do go, go in groups of 3 or 4 … Don't go canal street dressed up.And if you do go, go in groups of 3 or 4 guys up to the door, otherwise you're going to be turned away, very strict horrible door policies on canal street these days. Especially don't like stag or hen parties.

But if they bring goody bags, they will be much loved
dave_lunt2

Could also include things like a pack of lucozade energy tablets, mini toiletries etc..

I imagine you're wanting something similar to this?
boysstuff.co.uk/nau…is/
Rahsykins

Could also include things like a pack of lucozade energy tablets, mini … Could also include things like a pack of lucozade energy tablets, mini toiletries etc..I imagine you're wanting something similar to this?http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/naughty/dirty-stop-out-kit-his/

I must have missed something, since when do MEN like mini toiletries.....? oO
MayingPrantis

I must have missed something, since when do MEN like mini … I must have missed something, since when do MEN like mini toiletries.....? oO

Hey, im just going off those kind of kits ;-D
steve01980

I'm going to a stag do next month in Bournemouth.I've no idea why, … I'm going to a stag do next month in Bournemouth.I've no idea why, everyone I speak to says it's the place people go to retire.Sounds brilliant.

Bournemouth can be a quality night out, you just have to know the right people/places.

I have a good friend who is a big promoter there, PM me if you want me to put you in touch.
Beer + drugs + strippers = Stag do.
Except no substitute.
Goonieman

Beer + drugs + strippers = Stag do.Except no substitute.

Do you mean 'accept'?
live in manchester make sure u break group up when getin in bars .even when theres 3 of u it can be hard .

go strip club behind lloyds bar at printworks
MayingPrantis

Do you mean 'accept'?

I do, yes.
mceverready

Bournemouth can be a quality night out, you just have to know the right … Bournemouth can be a quality night out, you just have to know the right people/places. I have a good friend who is a big promoter there, PM me if you want me to put you in touch.

The itinerary has already been decided I think, I've had no input in the organisation but it sounds like it's all planned. Thanks for the offer though.
Last one i went on we just went into town go him lathered greased his balls & tied him to a lamp post. The rest of us just went for a curry & then home & left him to it. None of this survival kit nonsense.(_;)
OldEnglish

Last one i went on we just went into town go him lathered greased his … Last one i went on we just went into town go him lathered greased his balls & tied him to a lamp post. The rest of us just went for a curry & then home & left him to it. None of this survival kit nonsense.(_;)

who greased his balls??? eeew
magicbeans

who greased his balls??? eeew

A bloke he works with lol
OldEnglish

Last one i went on we just went into town go him lathered greased his … Last one i went on we just went into town go him lathered greased his balls & tied him to a lamp post. The rest of us just went for a curry & then home & left him to it. None of this survival kit nonsense.(_;)

Did he grease his balls with the raspberry and coconut scented hand lotion from the goody bag?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants