Groups
    EXPIRED

Original Sony Battery Laptop HELP

Guys,
    My Laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-FS315E. I am looking for an ORIGINAL battery for this laptop as I bought a "Subsitute" one a couple of months back and the life is 55mins once I take the power out!!

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

DB

4 Comments

Have you tried going direct to Sony?

Also how old is the laptop? I'm assuming it's not still under warranty, but there are provisions under UK law covering fitness for purpose and expected lifespan/durability that may be appropriate if it's not too old and your batteries gone (I'm assuming this is a replacement and not a backup.....).

Original Poster

It is out of warranty and I Cannot find this battery on the Sony site!!! If you can help I would be greatful.

How far out of warranty? Under the Sale of Goods Act there are certain expectations of lifespan for products such as that, so you maybe be able to get Sony to cough up a new one. If you give Sony a call (should have information on how to do that in your manual) they'll tell you how much new ones are etc. and if you call trading standards they'll tell you about the Sale of Goods Act, I think 2 years is seen as appropriate for laptops but I can't be sure.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3944
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions