Groups

Original Xbox Softmod question

Hi All, After reading a lot of guides on softmodding your xbox, i am hoping you can help

I have a exploder adaptor an xbox memory card (Original Xbox memory card not the exploder one), a CD for xploder software and a copy of Sponter Cell

I have downloaded the latest Installer "Auto-Installer.Deluxe.v4.50.FINAL.Xbox-Hq" but the package only has "SID5.Loader.SplinterCell.PAL" & "SID.Installer" in .ZIP format and the xploder software only works with .GSX formet.

I keep reading that there is a hacked Action Replay install that works with the xploder adaptor, but I cant find it anywhere for downlaod any more.

Is there any chance you have this and instuctions on how to use it? or tell me where I can get the Xploder program equivalence of these files so i can softmod my mates xbox?

Thanks

Chris

13 Comments

Have you maybe tried using Gameshark drivers for it?

This is what you are looking for I believe mate.

uk.codejunkies.com/dow…zip

Hacked Action Replay program.

Original Poster

morrk;6172684

This is what you are looking for I believe … This is what you are looking for I believe mate.http://uk.codejunkies.com/downloads/XBOXAT_EUsetup1_31.zipHacked Action Replay program.

Hi, I have already got it working now at last, thanks for that thou and rep added.

The new program I am using will not see the SID.5 files anyone know how to get the software to see it, on the online "how to" it makes it look as easy as dragging and dropping but its not, the action replay software will not see the files, anyone have any insight?

Thanks

It's been years since I last did the softmod and I already had a chipped machine to copy the files from...So much easier.

This is where I got the info from earlier though, I'm sure your answers will be there mate.

eurogamer.net/for…t=0

Original Poster

morrk;6173551

It's been years since I last did the softmod and I already had a chipped … It's been years since I last did the softmod and I already had a chipped machine to copy the files from...So much easier. :)This is where I got the info from earlier though, I'm sure your answers will be there mate.http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=28592&start=0

Thats 1 of the places i have been looking and no luck, I have a softmodded xbox already but mate wants me to do his and the files have changed since i did it.

The very old files work with my eploder, the new ones with extra stuff on i want only come as .ZIP (Which only works on action replay software (Got that working now) but it will still not pick up the Zip files from the latest AID its doing my head in, i cant even remember what OLD files i could copy off my xbox to do it with them, its been so long lol

Anyone know how to get the latest SID5 installer ZIP file to work in action reply???? Thansk all again

Chuckles1001;6173644

Thats 1 of the places i have been looking and no luck, I have a … Thats 1 of the places i have been looking and no luck, I have a softmodded xbox already but mate wants me to do his and the files have changed since i did it. The very old files work with my eploder, the new ones with extra stuff on i want only come as .ZIP (Which only works on action replay software (Got that working now) but it will still not pick up the Zip files from the latest AID its doing my head in, i cant even remember what OLD files i could copy off my xbox to do it with them, its been so long lolAnyone know how to get the latest SID5 installer ZIP file to work in action reply???? Thansk all again

Why not just put the file in a network share on your pc and access them from the modded XBOX network browser. Copy them to the memory card from there and then copy them to hard hard drive of the xbox you want to do?

This is the way I always did it.

dcx_badass;6173735

Because they can't mod it without the files.

Already has a softmodded box to use.

A quick question on this, I have everything needed apart from the Action Replay, but someone put the files on a memory card for me and I have Splinter Cell.

I already have a softmodded Xbox but bought another as it was Crystal but cant be bothered taking it apart and flashing the hard drive.

Anyway could I transfer the files from the softmodded one to the normal one just so I can sell it.

Original Poster

hi guys, i was going to quote but it was so many, so here goes.

I have a legit 16Mb Memory card, I can move over the linux install onto the memory card from my modded xbox to my memory card, but not the other file needed for some reason, it only gives me the power to delte, not copy for the SC save.

I have SID5 files as Zip format, that the Action replay software will not see, so i can not move them to the memory card, it will see the Linux install (now i have it on the memory card from the softmodded xbox)

I cant use the FTP way as the machine is not softmodded, and I think you can only FTP into a Softmodded machine?

What I really want is to get the SID files from aid.xbox-hq.com/ind…ads for Auto-Installer Deluxe and put them on my memory card with Action reply, and then run the SC game and hack it and install XMBC.

Has anyone done it without a game, and tried to jsut use the ISO in Auto-Installer Deluxe to hack a machine?

I am so lost and its changed in the 4 years since i did mine, i only want it as a media center maybe some EMU's on there lol

*Edit great post dcx_badass BTW on the other thread, i am not really bothered about the upgrading HD, but if i was is this easy to do after you have modded your xbox?

Also the other thread, says

"1) Use Action replay, put the saves on the xbox, boot your game." & "Got any problems just reply in here." my problem is just the SID5 Zip files that come from aid.xbox-hq.com/ind…age are not seen by the action reply software, when you open the zip files up they have a udata folder in

So I have a problem lol

Original Poster

ryouga;6173924

A quick question on this, I have everything needed apart from the Action … A quick question on this, I have everything needed apart from the Action Replay, but someone put the files on a memory card for me and I have Splinter Cell.I already have a softmodded Xbox but bought another as it was Crystal but cant be bothered taking it apart and flashing the hard drive.Anyway could I transfer the files from the softmodded one to the normal one just so I can sell it.

you can just use the memory card with the files on and splinter cell.

Just put the memory card in and go to the file manager and then move the files needed to your xbox then run the exploit from Splinter Cell.

Wish I could get the bloody files on the Memory Card lol

Original Poster

Looks like it has something to do with the "pcdatabase" not having the files in it. I think this because if i delete the file i cant see any save games at all, when i put it back all the save games come back apart from the ones i want. How can I edit this file to include it?
    I have tried folowing it but there is def something i am doing wrong or that has been missed.

I have the files on my memory card at home. I could dig out my old box and copy them off onto an FTP for you if that would help mate?

Original Poster

morrk;6174594

I have the files on my memory card at home. I could dig out my old box … I have the files on my memory card at home. I could dig out my old box and copy them off onto an FTP for you if that would help mate?

Thanks mate, i have just had a revalation, i found a place that had Action Reply 1.4 download and you can download the files though it from Action reply community, did not think they would let you do that lol

Your a star mate, i should have kept up with it really, i just do things i need and then forget, and once XBMC is working no need to carry on with it lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2235
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions