Groups
    EXPIRED

Original Xbox with UnleashX

Hello,

I have an xbox, I just repaired the thing.
    It has had new controller ports + a new fan.

I was wondering whether this is softmodded or not, and how much it is worth to sell on here. As I don't have much use for it and would be better in someone elses hands.
    Please do not bid If you are after one as I am not allowed to accept offers.

Also whether or not I am allowed to sell it here.
    Thanks,
    Ad

21 Comments

this should be moved to FS/FT section

Original Poster

Tanchi;4661945

this should be moved to FS/FT section

I haven't got a price. So no not really. If I know a price I will list it. and expire this?

Banned

Adam2050;4661977

I haven't got a price. So no not really. If I know a price I will list … I haven't got a price. So no not really. If I know a price I will list it. and expire this?:whistling:

so this is self promotion then?

Original Poster

lumoruk;4661993

so this is self promotion then?

I'm Asking an honest question and you see it as self premotion. How the heck is it? Have I had any of the regulars from the FS/FT on here no. I have asked for a price becuase I don't know what its worth. I never sold Xbox before nor bought one. Report it I have nothing to hide, I have asked mods to reply, as I don't know whether I allowed to sell it due to it being softmodded/hardmodded?

I just find it amusing you see it as self premotion, I only have one of it. I just don't want to overprice an item for a genuine person to miss out.

Ok I get you the whistle was a bad choice of emoticons.

lumoruk;4662058

What's wrong with checking ebay?

I saw somebody get told off just yesterday for using ebay as a price comparison, what's the stance here?

Original Poster

dregan;4662084

I saw somebody get told off just yesterday for using ebay as a price … I saw somebody get told off just yesterday for using ebay as a price comparison, what's the stance here?

Depends where he qouted it. If it was on a deal as a price comparison yeh he would get moaned at. As it ain't retail.
    FS/FT yeh he would get moaned at as its fleebay if OP was selling. If OP was wanting and you just qouted the number and i.e Fleebay, I have done this loads of times to help people.

Banned

dregan;4662084

I saw somebody get told off just yesterday for using ebay as a price … I saw somebody get told off just yesterday for using ebay as a price comparison, what's the stance here?

Just saying "it's currently around £5-7 on ebay" is fine in my opinion, was it a case of linking to an item on ebay?

Original Poster

lumoruk;4662058

Zeus sold one 5 months … Zeus sold one 5 months agohttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/247226/for-sale-soft-modded-xbox-with-xbmc/

Ok so I can sell them, anyone know the diff between Xbmc and UnleashX?

Banned

Adam2050;4662133

Ok so I can sell them, anyone know the diff between Xbmc and UnleashX?

Most people use Xbmc, Unleashx is new to the scene according to wiki but it also says

"To be used, like any Xbox software, it must be compiled with the Microsoft XDK . This is illegal, as this software is being used without Microsoft's authorization."

It's just another dash mate, like XBMC. People can easily swap to XBMC if they would rather :thumbsup:

Original Poster

lumoruk;4662151

Most people use Xbmc, Unleashx is new to the scene according to wiki but … Most people use Xbmc, Unleashx is new to the scene according to wiki but it also says "To be used, like any Xbox software, it must be compiled with the Microsoft XDK . This is illegal, as this software is being used without Microsoft's authorization."

IS xbmc illegal then?

Adam2050;4662125

Depends where he qouted it. If it was on a deal as a price comparison yeh … Depends where he qouted it. If it was on a deal as a price comparison yeh he would get moaned at. As it ain't retail.FS/FT yeh he would get moaned at as its fleebay if OP was selling. If OP was wanting and you just qouted the number and i.e Fleebay, I have done this loads of times to help people.

I always check ebay before I buy anything, even new, second hand items have more love :-p

lumoruk;4662128

Just saying "it's currently around £5-7 on ebay" is fine in my opinion, … Just saying "it's currently around £5-7 on ebay" is fine in my opinion, was it a case of linking to an item on ebay?

I think it was just that, definitely didn't link to a specific item. Just struck me as odd, seemed to me to be a perfectly cromulent way of giving a used price for something? No matter really I guess, I can see both sides of the debate, just interested in what the party line was.

Original Poster

AberBargoed;4662174

It's just another dash mate, like XBMC. People can easily swap to XBMC … It's just another dash mate, like XBMC. People can easily swap to XBMC if they would rather :thumbsup:

Cheers Aber, am I able to sell then 100% on here?

Adam2050;4662181

Cheers Aber, am I able to sell then 100% on here?

Yes fella, there is currently a wanted thread where a chipped one is being offered, no problems at all. It's just all the back up material etc that isn't allowed (emulators and the like). If you get smart comments here, just sell it at AV Forums as I've picked up two chipped consoles there since the turn of the year :thumbsup:

Admin

Hey Adam2050 Yeah you can sell them on here, with regards to price though I'm unsure

I'm sure there are guides online to see whether your console is soft or hard modded Adam (All blocked on work server so can't point you in right direction - xbox scene & after dawn are handy though) I've paid around £40-£45 for mine, but they were all chipped with large hard drives from 180gb to 320gb.

Original Poster

AberBargoed;4662276

I'm sure there are guides online to see whether your console is soft or … I'm sure there are guides online to see whether your console is soft or hard modded Adam (All blocked on work server so can't point you in right direction - xbox scene & after dawn are handy though) I've paid around £40-£45 for mine, but they were all chipped with large hard drives from 180gb to 320gb.

Would the chip be on the bottom of the motherboard or the top. Couldn't see anything on the top so I'm thinking softmodded.

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;4662235

Hey Adam2050 Yeah you can sell them on here, with regards to price … Hey Adam2050 Yeah you can sell them on here, with regards to price though I'm unsure

Ta. Will expire this when the last question has been answered.
    AD

This is the best I could find what with 99% of links coming up blocked -

my.afterdawn.com/the…cfm

There is a link to Xbox mod chips & a guide to each I believe. It is a great resource for all things modded though :thumbsup:

Two of mine are easy to spot that they have been chipped - they have a bank of four switches which is located near the first two controller ports. The other has been professionally chipped and have no way of spotting the chip without taking it apart (which I haven't!).

I wouldn't have thought it would make a great difference to price to be honest, especially if you are running with a stock HDD.

Original Poster

Thanks.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????45
      2. Now tv entertainment passes22
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?33
      4. Beds33

See more discussions