Found 2nd Jul 2009
Just booked to go to orlando for 2 weeks from 25th Aug this year.

Not booked any tickets yet,
Never been before, so what's the best (cheapest option) for Disney (2 adults 3 kids, 17,13 and 4)

What would people advise for the 2 weeks, dont want to book to many places and have to rush around them.

Also, I didnt book airport transfers to international Drive, cause they wanted £36 each. If this is considered the best option, I can add it at a later date.
Finally, flying from Manchester, so will need car parking, or hotel with free parking if there is one.

Any advise greatly recieved, thanks

27 Comments

I've seen tickets for like 21days,I personally wouldn't go for less than 21days,and I would wnat to do Disney,Sea World, Busch Gardens and anything else,there a few other theme parks I think.

I seen these tickets for 21days online at sites like Attraction Tix.

There various tickets that like get you into several of the theme parks in the area,I think the Disney 1 is just for Disney though.

You need wait till someone comes on and replies who been / in the know more.

c if you can get one which includes fastpass as this savs a lot of Q ing for disney parks

when we went a few yrs ago we did theme park one day and a water park the next if gives you a nice chilled slow day inbetween the madness of theme parks.

starsparkle2311;5647837

2 weeks is plenty timeI went a looooooong time ago, Typhoon Lagoon was … 2 weeks is plenty timeI went a looooooong time ago, Typhoon Lagoon was our favourite, went back there a few times.time:thumbsup:

yeah we went to typhoon lagoon it was great id love to go back have a nice time away

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;5647845

you get the fast pass at the ride you dont want to line up for,the kids … you get the fast pass at the ride you dont want to line up for,the kids aged 13 & 17 will be classed as adult passes. with Disney its kids deals are for under 9 years old.ive used these in the past and they were really good. dont know if they are the cheapest thoughhttp://www.officialticketcenter.com/Departments/Disney-Tickets.aspxyou'll need 1 full day at magic kingdom, Disney studios,epcot, sea world, Busch gardens. and animal kingdom ( this one is only open till 7pm)2 days for the universal parksWhen you are magic kingdom check the times for the fireworks shows as they change at certain times of the year. Epcot illumanations is at 9pm and outstanding, Disney studios also have fireworks cant remember what they are called but they are amazing also.They used to have fireworks at universal but im not sure if they still do.have a wonderful time..wish is was us going too..lol

so which tickets would I need for this?

Banned

starsparkle2311;5647837

2 weeks is plenty time, Sea World could be done in a day, same for Busch … 2 weeks is plenty time, Sea World could be done in a day, same for Busch gardens, personally I'd give the Epcott centre a miss, Disney maybe 2 days, film studios the same.

Hmmmm. EPCOT is the best park IMHO (I assume you didn't meant epcott - never heard of that one!)

OK Busch gardens is the best for Roller Coasters! - but it's not in Orlando, but an hour drive away in Tampa. If you are a coaster fan, don't miss this one!

OP needs to decide whether to see it all - or concentrate on a few. There's always good deals available for Sea World, Universal (Studios and IOA) and Busch..... but it still adds expense. You can get discounts on Disney, but not really "offers" as such.

Best thing for you to do..... register and get reading and posting on ]thedibb.

I'm going for 3 weeks on the 29th of august, this might help you with some idea's of price.

Thank you for your emails regarding attraction tickets.

The Disney 21 Day Ultimate Ticket is currently at £ 243 per adult and £225 per child aged 3-9. The Orlando Flex Ticket Plus is currently at £181 per adult and £169 per child aged 3-9. The Seaworld, Busch Gardens & Aquatica ticket is at £75 per adult and £70 per child and the Universal 2 Park Bonus Ticket is currently at £89 per adult and £83 per child.

I hope this helps

Regards,

Shelley Cross
Florida Sales & Marketing

Charter Travel

T: 01635 551011

F: 01635 47174

E: [email protected]

Banned

bo19991;5647953

I'm going for 3 weeks on the 29th of august, this might help you with … I'm going for 3 weeks on the 29th of august, this might help you with some idea's of price.

Wooooow. I know the dollar has killed the prices, but they sound really OTT.

For instance - The universal tickets can be bought and valid for 7 days for both parks ]here for £67 for Adults and £61 for kids. And there are prety much always good deals for the "non disney" parks.

Shop around.... gets tips from] thedibb - Have a good day now. :thumbsup:

We did 2 weeks at Disney this year.

We got a 2 week pass for the Disney parks - including Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach - both are fantastic places to go and have a 'day off' at. Not really so much a day off as there are some great water rides to go on.

We loved the Epcot Centre Especially Test track! But it can be done in 1 day.

We had a hire car (not that we used it much) and we had a day at Sea World, where they have a brand new coaster called the Manta and also The Kraken - which Wowed us - it was an awesome ride for the coaster lovers. We also had a day at Clearwater beach which was really nice and relaxing - but not really a thing for teenagers - unless they like building sandcastles and swimming in the sea.

Check out this web site - you might find it useful! disneytop10.com/

It truly is a remarkable holiday. We would go back again.

My son just loves Expedition Everest in the Animal Kingdom!

Original Poster

The only one we NEED to go to is Disney, we dont need to see everything in the 2 weeks, we'd rather do Disney completely, and anything else we could comfortably fit in.
Concerned the 4 year old wouldn't stand upto 14 days rushing here and there (and us!)
If we enjoy it, we will go back other years to see the ones we missed.
Are the day tickets alot dearer to buy at the gate?
was thinking pre buying Disney for, say, 5-7 days, then just buying tickets on the day.
is this a good plan?

Banned

Butterflies;5648043

We got a 2 week pass for the Disney parks - including Typhoon Lagoon, and … We got a 2 week pass for the Disney parks - including Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach - both are fantastic places to go and have a 'day off' at. Not really so much a day off as there are some great water rides to go on.

Or better still.... to chill out midway. Go to a park in the morning, leave in the afternoon and go back in the evening. Get ya monies worth!

We loved the Epcot Centre Especially Test track! But it can be done in 1 … We loved the Epcot Centre Especially Test track! But it can be done in 1 day.

They all can be.... but some are better than others. Test Track is great, but Mission to Space is the bees knees. (Though the lady that dies on it the day I first went on it didnt think so!!!!!!) Gospel BTW.... We didn't know about it at the time, just heard it on the news. Obviously had a weak ticker and died in Hospital later. They toned the ride down since - but if you are unsure, take the lame lane first. I have to admit, its a pretty intense ride!

My son just loves Expedition Everest in the Animal Kingdom!

Hehe.... We went on that 3 days after it first opened in 06. Then I talked my littlun into going on it when we returned the following year. He wasn't amused! Of all the parts, Animal Kingdom is my least favourite.

Banned

m623d;5648074

The only one we NEED to go to is Disney, we dont need to see everything … The only one we NEED to go to is Disney, we dont need to see everything in the 2 weeks, we'd rather do Disney completely, and anything else we could comfortably fit in.Concerned the 4 year old wouldn't stand upto 14 days rushing here and there (and us!)If we enjoy it, we will go back other years to see the ones we missed.Are the day tickets alot dearer to buy at the gate?was thinking pre buying Disney for, say, 5-7 days, then just buying tickets on the day.is this a good plan?

Personally I'd say it wasn't.

The prices of a 5 day ticket is pretty much the same as the 14 day. The water parks are good, especially for the littl'uns (and big kids - some of those slides are pretty grim!!!)

I'd recommend NOT paying the extra for Hopper passes. Don't see the point of them. We've been several times to Orlando and only ever once went to 2 different parks on one day - and that was just to justify having those passes. You will save a fair bit by not having something you dont need to use. Want to go in the evening? You have the tickets already - It just means you cant go to a different Disney park earlier the same day. And by the sounds of it, you wouldn't want to.

Original Poster

I'm getting confused now, lol
a 7 day hopper that gives 7 days free, is this for Disney?
where are they doing these offers?

My friend is away just now, for her, her husband and their 5 year old it was £900 just for the tickets to the attractions.

Banned

vinylandtrinkets;5648332

yes its with disney and you would need to buy them directly with … yes its with disney and you would need to buy them directly with them.click on the link i posted earlier and compare the prices for hopper passes

Not true. There are loads of places you can buy them from.

]Attraction Tickets Direct
]Attraction Tix
]Florida Tix
]Themepark Tickets Direct
]Orlando Attractions

For example

I had a quick look at attraction tickets.... They only seemed to do hopper passes now - so maybe the option not to has gone?

Banned

m623d;5648304

Also, I didnt book airport transfers to international Drive, cause they … Also, I didnt book airport transfers to international Drive, cause they wanted £36 each. If this is considered the best option, I can add it at a later date.

Considering there are 5 of you, that's a total rip off.

So You're not hiring a car? Have you booked somewhere to stay? Do they provide free transfers to the parks? (Many do.) All things you need to take into account. And parking in the disney parks is currently $12. (Seems to go up $1 per year! - It was $9 in 06 and $10 in 07) Parking is valid for 24 hours and you can leave and return as often as you like and use the other Disney car parks within that period.

Original Poster

we havent booked a car, not sure what to do.
staying at econolodge ID with free park transfers

I found the water in the parks - from the water fountains - disgusting. Out of our party - only my 3 year old would touch the stuff. We found buying water very expensive - but buying the refill cups were great at the water parks!

One great saving we found last year when we went was buying a "kids eat free" card cost £10 here and then you can ues it in loads of different restaurants does not include a drink or tip. Well worth the £10 saved us a fortune as we ate out every day both breakfast & dinner. just put "kids eat free florida" into google and it will come up. Have a great time

we're going next Easter for 2 weeks...never been before

If you have a whole spare day or 2, hire a car, and drive south to the Keys.... Seriously. you will not regret it. Unbelievable place. You will drive through this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2jfgmbo.jpg

Until you reach the Southern most point of the USA...

Original Poster

wow, that looks impressive.
ok, best place for insurance?

]undercovertourist.com is a great site for Disney tickets. It's not the cheapest for Universal but it was for Disney, last time we used them. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

anyone know of a good car parking deal, perhaps hotel with parking thrown in?

Also, best Disney Ultimate 14 day pass I can find is £213.48 adult, and £189.01 child from ]orlandoattractions.com
has anyone used them and can anyone beat this?

We got annual worldwide insurance for £40 for family of 4 from Columbus Direct (quidco too!), we're going to Disney on the 18th of this month!!

We got Disney tickets in the package of booking and i purchased the Universal ones extra and My sis purchased the Discovery cove/Seaworld ones extra. I know they have your names printed on them, but are there checks made when you go to these places? - we were thinking of swopping tickets for a couple of days as we both have 14 day ones, anyone know?

Hi,
I have been several times and have bought the tickets at shops and outlets on the 192 at Kissimee, you need a Hopper ticket to go between parks which is the best deal see how the Weather is and how many days you wish to do a 5 mile hike and there are different parks to visit, if you buy a ticket and have days left visit the Disney Hospitaliy at any park and for a charge you can convert them to lifetime tickets !! good luck
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Charge Back From A Betting Account11
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted34
    3. Want to sell on DLC ebay22
    4. Switch from BT to BT same property different person514

See more discussions