Groups
    EXPIRED

Orlando (Package or direct booking)

Hi

Wanting to go to Orlando with the kids in Feb. Thinking of staying there for 2 weeks, what would you recommend a package holiday or booking the flights and hotel sep.

Disney hotels or not ?

Suggestions would be appreciated !

7 Comments

disney hotels - the cheaper range are really small, so if you have more than 1 child I would not go to all stars resorts (i.e. sports music etc), you may get a really good deal on a package if you wait, there is no harm in waiting as February is not a particularly busy time,

Without doubt imo book a villa and a fly drive (if you intend to drive obviously). I've stayed in both hotel and villa and it's so much better being able to chill and have a barby, or swim in your own pool in a villa.
    I'm going in June and booked flydrive with Charter Travel and found my villa on 'The dibb' thedibb.co.uk/
    It's a great site, very informative and with very busy forums. You will find the answers to any questions you have there.
    HTH

i have done both as well and always go now in February .i would book everything seperately , i booked my flights with virgin and paid £275 per adult Wait until after christmas to book your car hire ,i would only go with dollar as the cars have always been brilliant.I got a dodge caravan (like a chrysler crand voyager)this year as they was 5 of us but you need space for the luggage ,i paid £504 including top insurance and full tank of petrol from the dollar site also use netflights.com sometimes for car hire.Tickets i get usually from attraction-tickets-direct or virgin .
    Hope this helps

I flew with flyglobespan to Orlando and I couldn't stress enough how bad the flight and the service was on both the lfight out, and the flight back. Delayed, no food unless you prebooked it, changed flight intineries, and on the way back it wasn't even globespan, was their sister company neos, an Italian company who barely spoke any English.

Don't ever fly with Globespan!

Try first choice, we had a great package deal with them, we did book about 6-7 weeks before going and saved almost £2000. We are a family of 4 and stayed in the all star music resort, it is the cheapest of the disney hotels, but as a family with 2 kids found it great. Our room wasn't big, but we didn't need it to be any bigger we only used it for sleeping, my children were 11 yrs and 6yrs and enjoyed the activities around the pool, the evening a large inflatable screen was put up near the pool and movies were played, great way to unwind after the long days in the parks.
    You can enter some parks earlier or stay later if your staying in the disney resort, also parking in the theme parks is free.
    Friends stayed in the more expensive polynesion hotel and the rooms were better, but not enough to reflect in the higher prices.
    I would recomend staying in disney, we have stayed outside, but the all star music was great for us, the children had a blast so did we.
    [url]www.thedibb.co.uk[/url] is a good source of info.

I think the OP must have already gone!

Bora Horza;4970388

I flew with flyglobespan to Orlando and I couldn't stress enough how bad … I flew with flyglobespan to Orlando and I couldn't stress enough how bad the flight and the service was on both the lfight out, and the flight back. Delayed, no food unless you prebooked it, changed flight intineries, and on the way back it wasn't even globespan, was their sister company neos, an Italian company who barely spoke any English.Don't ever fly with Globespan!

You get what you pay for or do you?, I also tried Globespan and I agree they are terrible.

I have flown with the following to Orlando and they rank from best to worst BA, Virgin, Travelcity and Globespan incidentally BA for this coming July and flight from Glasgow via Gatwick £450 and Globespan wanted nearly £600 direct from Glasgow for same dates.:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland55
      2. Import charges from USA44
      3. Mayweather vs Mcgregor33
      4. Google assistant notification56

See more discussions