Orlando taxi help needed

Hi all, will be travelling (2 passengers) to Orlando in September, can anyone tell me the best taxi firm to use at Orlando international airport to Universal area.... Would you recommend to book taxi in uk prior to arrival or just get one outside arrivals? Don't want a hire car or shuttle bus...thanks in advance

11 Comments

I found Uber to be the quickest and a relatively inexpensive way of getting around Orlando. Worth installing on your phone.

See if the hotel provides courtesy bus. Most do and you just ring them from a phone in arrivals. Just send them an email to confirm.

Most of the time we were picked up within minutes anywhere in Florida with Uber.

Original Poster

Brilliant thanks, did you prebook uber here, or are they at airport when you land? As for hotel transport tried and failed... :-)

uber or lyft

Original Poster

Sorry for naivety, but always used shuttle bus service and sick of hanging around waiting in the past.. Can you contact Uber when you get there, or is it before you go, ie prebooked?

Go on the dibb for more help! Very helpful site

I know you say you don't want a hire car but its so much cheaper and easier to get round Orlando (and the rest of Florida) with one. My favourite Theme park is Tampa Busch Gardens just over an hours drive away. If not uber is your cheapest option. That's prodived your not going to have to pay big roaming costs on your phone. Might be worth you getting a 3 Pay as you go sim for the trip.
Edited by: "Wadda" 14th Jul

uber.com/sv-…co/

You need the uber app and just book when you have your bags and are ready to leave. Should only take a few minutes to arrive.

Lyft is good too, i prefer it over uber.
Edited by: "shepademus" 14th Jul

For uber look around for the free rides offer or get a friend with uber to recommend you. You can then recommend your partners phone. Doing so will earn you free rides / credits with uber to use. We had 4 phones and got over $110 of free rides

Banned

it's a English speaking country I'm sure you'll be able to get a uber right away or use public transport
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Remortgaging to pay off debt67
    2. Iptv811
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1617
    4. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy45

See more discussions