orlando what's the best way to buy /pay for things - cash or debit / credit card?

Found 19th Jun 2015
Can anyone help what the best way to pay / buy items is whilst on holiday in Orlando. We are going to Orlando next month and wondered if those of you who had been can tell me how you paid for things. Do u take a lot of dollars or just use your debit / credit card and get charged by your bank per transaction? Certain banks charge quite a bit if you use your debit or credit card. The post office do a card as well that you put currency on but am not sure if you would be able to use this in many places. Thank you
Community Updates
AskCardCredit CardOrlando
17 Comments
Get a Halifax Clarity card - that gives the best rate of exchange.
Always use fx card.
MasterCard, cash card all rolled into one.
used cash and fx card.. fx cards great for topping up as you go... travellers cheques are also as good as cash...
I just got back and had a couple of issues with the Fair FX card that i recommended prior to travelling, as i'd used one before in Europe but I DON'T NOW refused in two shops and couldn't withdraw cash from a few places. The 1st time it worked was in Walmart, the next time it worked was to take all the money out.

Most banks will charge 3% ish per transaction and use whatever conversion rate they have at the time. Personally i'd get cash prior and use a card for extras.
post office prepaid card is with mastercard so should be excepted in most places.
Halifax clarity and post office credit cards trounce pre paid cards every time, you in effect get the bank rate with no loading fees you get on the prepaid one
Nationwide select card, free to use abroad, get a free flex direct to be eligible and you get 15 months interest free purchases
Travelex Supercard
Halifax Clarity is generally the best, best rate and no charges, I've used mine in quite a few countries globally and never had it not work.
Depends how much you are looking at - I have a Citibank UK Dollar current ac which comes with a Dollar Visa debit card. It's free if you keep around £3k pounds in there and you only pay bank currency rates to transfer in.
Halifax Clarity or Nationwide Credit Card is the best, also most places over there don't use chip and pin! If your going to Disney you can get one of their wrist band to pay for stuff as you have to enter a pin for that. Have a great time...
Thank you all for your help its been very useful
Spikeywikey

Halifax Clarity or Nationwide Credit Card is the best, also most places … Halifax Clarity or Nationwide Credit Card is the best, also most places over there don't use chip and pin! If your going to Disney you can get one of their wrist band to pay for stuff as you have to enter a pin for that. Have a great time...

Thank you very much the girls are very excited
eslick

Have a look here it has all you need to … Have a look here it has all you need to knowhttp://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money

Great thank you :-)
When I went last November I changed my money with Sainsburys who pre loaded all the currency on 2 bank cards and I just paid by the card or drew money out form the ATMs in Florida.
Thank you for letting me know thats very helpful :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants